Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 PM

137 posts, read 399,238 times

Advertisements

So where are the good drivers? I can find this same topic in most of the other states threads. It appears every city and state has people complaining about how bad all the other drivers around them are.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,932,540 times
ragerunner1 wrote:
So where are the good drivers? I can find this same topic in most of the other states threads. It appears every city and state has people complaining about how bad all the other drivers around them are.
You are bumping up against human nature, which reasons.....anyone who drives in a way that I disapprove of is a bad driver.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM

171 posts, read 578,363 times
One of my favorite surveys of all time was conducted in England on this subject. Two questions were asked:

1) Do you rate your driving ability above-average? The average response was ~80%

2) In your opinion, what percentage of drivers on the road have above-average driving ability? The average response was ~30%.

:-)

Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,320,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
You are bumping up against human nature, which reasons.....anyone who drives in a way that I disapprove of is a bad driver.
Anyone who drives slower than me is an idiot, anyone who drives faster than me is a reckless idiot.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,193,363 times
. . . . . those that were TOTALLY freaked out and were the biggest hazard to everyone on the roads. That last group are the focus, they needed to stay out of their cars until whatever limitation they have is rectified.

Sometimes, though, they can't help being on the road: The teen who just got his/her license last week goes to school and the roads are fine; it starts to snow during the day, s/he has to get home somehow. The little old lady who goes to church and it's fine, comes out to find 2" of snow on the ground, ditto. I think a little patience (which I have little of myself) is helpful in these situations.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:39 PM

553 posts, read 1,539,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragerunner1 View Post
LOL! So true! My Mother, bless her pea-pickin' heart, is the worst driver I know. She's had more accidents, more tickets and more near-misses than our entire family combined. Yet, WE are all the crazy ones and she almost refuses to let anyone else drive her around. Now she just got her handicapped placard and thinks everyone needs to get out of her way. There's no stopping her now. All I can do is keep playing the game of "who lost Grandma's keys today?" We also moved her 4WD Jeep two houses down and built a snow bank around it. She'll stay off the streets as long as the snow sticks around.

So, my vote for worse drivers are the elderly who THINK they still know how to drive in bad weather conditions.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2011 View Post
LOL! So true! My Mother, bless her pea-pickin' heart, is the worst driver I know. She's had more accidents, more tickets and more near-misses than our entire family combined. Yet, WE are all the crazy ones and she almost refuses to let anyone else drive her around. Now she just got her handicapped placard and thinks everyone needs to get out of her way. There's no stopping her now. All I can do is keep playing the game of "who lost Grandma's keys today?" We also moved her 4WD Jeep two houses down and built a snow bank around it. She'll stay off the streets as long as the snow sticks around.

So, my vote for worse drivers are the elderly who THINK they still know how to drive in bad weather conditions.
Having taught two kids to drive, I'd vote for the teens, who have no clue even in good weather.

I hate to say anything about someone's mom, but if you think her driving is dangerous you should do more than just bury her car in the snow. We had to sell my mother's car so she wouldn't drive it, even after her eye doctor (among others) said she shouldn't drive.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:47 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,547,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Anyone who drives slower than me is an idiot, anyone who drives faster than me is a reckless idiot.
Exactly!!! LOL

Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM

553 posts, read 1,539,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Having taught two kids to drive, I'd vote for the teens, who have no clue even in good weather.

I hate to say anything about someone's mom, but if you think her driving is dangerous you should do more than just bury her car in the snow. We had to sell my mother's car so she wouldn't drive it, even after her eye doctor (among others) said she shouldn't drive.
I also vote for the teens as well. That was my next rant, but I'll save it for another day since a lot of us have been there, done that.

And I do appreciate your thoughts on my Mom. Ha ha. Problem with that is, she's been a bad driver her whole life and her eye sight is fine according to her doctor. She's one of THOSE people who think everyone else is wrong and is against her.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2011 View Post
I also vote for the teens as well. That was my next rant, but I'll save it for another day since a lot of us have been there, done that.

And I do appreciate your thoughts on my Mom. Ha ha. Problem with that is, she's been a bad driver her whole life and her eye sight is fine according to her doctor. She's one of THOSE people who think everyone else is wrong and is against her.
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver