Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 11,907 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I, along with our 4 kids have been planning to move to Colorado for the past year. We are just waiting for someone to buy our house here. I have been reading these posts everyday, and they have been very helpful. I thank you all for that.
Right now we are leaning towards Highlands Ranch, Littleton, or Castle Rock. Depends on where we would be working. We are also looking at Broomfield, Louisville, and surrounding areas.

My question though is for my parents. They plan on moving there in a couple of years, when they retire. They want to be around the grandchildren. In fact, they are making a vacation/scouting trip in a couple of weeks.

Can anybody give me some places for them to visit, and check out? Around the areas I mentioned above.

They would like a ranch style house (1-story). My 83 year-old great grandfather might be coming with them. 3 bedrooms, 1/2 acre lot. With a max price of $400,000. The lower the better though.
Nice, clean, low crime neighborhood. Somewhere "off the beaten path", but not too far.
Weather, at the moment, is not important. They will decide how important that is when the time comes.

They will be there for 5 days. So, if you can me give a handful of places. I would appreciate it.
Also, if you could give me any info (good or bad) on the areas. That would be great also.

If you need anymore info, let me know.
Any help will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
The 1/2 acre lot may be hard to come by. Even 1/4 acre is considered large here. The rest is doable. The ranch houses around here tend to be older, but there are numerous houses with main floor masters that might work for them that are newer.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 PM

618 posts, read 1,366,386 times
I was looking for a house for my parents under very similar conditions. Based upon where you are planning to live, I'd would check the Parker area. I believe they have some 1/2 acre lots in that area.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Anthem in Broomfiled, Glen Eagles in HR, Eagle Bend in Aurora all cater to the 55 and better crowd.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 11,907 times
Thanks guys,

After searching for houses for the past year. I do realize lot sizes are not very big in the areas I am looking at.
Are there any places nearby that do have 1/2 acre lots? Maybe within a 30 minute drive from Castle Rock, Highands Ranch, Broomfield, or Louisville. Not actually in these place.
Maybe Evergreen, Sedalia, Morrison, or others? Not sure how far away these are.
I just want to give them a few cities to visit and check out.

Thanks Pittnurse70 - They want a 1 story house. Unless it has 2 bedrooms on the main floor. They might be bringing great grandpa with them. He can't do stairs.

Thanks Augie - I'll make sure they have Parker on their list.

Thanks 2bindenver - Not sure if a 55+ community is what they are looking for, but I will tell them to check these out.

So, if anybody can tell me what places they could check out. It would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
There are very few homes on 1/2 acre lots in Louisville.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times
I think there's quite a few large lots in Northern El Paso county (Black Forest, Monument, etc) -- the prices down there would be cheaper than the Denver area. That's actually much closer to the Springs than to Denver, but if they're not commuting, then it might be okay. There's also lots of large lots toward Conifer/Bailey as well -- the further out one goes along 285, the cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver