Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,837 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

In a bit of a pickle trying to figure out a reasonable place to live, so hoping some experienced Denver folks can provide some help. I am going to be moving to the Denver area with my girlfriend sometime in the coming months. She will be in PA school full time at the Anschutz campus. I will most likely end up with a job on the southwest corner of Littleton. We having been scouring the maps and bus routes for a couple days trying to figure out if there is a middle ground on commuting to these two locations. We are both in our mid twenties and would certainly prefer not living in the 'burbs, but have pretty much resigned ourselves to doing so. We would also prefer to use public transportation to commute, but I'm starting to fear based on the locations we need to get to that this won't be possible. It looks like doing so would involve ~1.5-2 hour commutes, which sounds insane coming from Omaha, NE.

Can anyone provide some insight on a middle ground for commuting to both Aurora and Littleton? Is it possible to still use public transportation or are we pretty much stuck driving?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,235,693 times
You have a lot of options, and it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. I think there are places you could probably bring it down to 30min commutes each. The commute to Lockheed will be going against traffic once you're heading west on C-470-- the biggest backup problem is I-25 and I-225. If your goal is to truly find something centralized between the two locations, rather than lean more towards one or the other, I'd look at Greenwood Village and Centennial for starters and go out from there.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 PM

37 posts, read 113,542 times
Greenwood will be pricey - but nice. Centennial is nice too - Streets of Southglenn have cool apartments, as far as housing you could go with old Littleton. Kind of eclectic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver