Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:37 PM

53 posts, read 134,241 times

Advertisements

I am looking for new communities that are starting up.

We know of Stapleton (end date of 2025). We went out to Aurora/Centennial to check out Copperleaf and I was VERY depressed to see about 10000 homes that looked exactly the same.

Anyone know of other communities that are under construction (or will start construction int he next 24 months) closer to Denver than Copperleaf with prices less than 300k for a single family home with nice amenities like Stapleton?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,818 times
I can't find anything similar. Except for possibly Bel Mar. Anyone?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:31 PM

556 posts, read 1,199,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmedelman View Post
I am looking for new communities that are starting up.

We know of Stapleton (end date of 2025). We went out to Aurora/Centennial to check out Copperleaf and I was VERY depressed to see about 10000 homes that looked exactly the same.
That's the nature of new subdivisions. Just out of curiosity, why do you need new construction? There are plenty of nice, safe older neighborhoods in the denver area.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
That's the nature of new subdivisions. Just out of curiosity, why do you need new construction? There are plenty of nice, safe older neighborhoods in the denver area.
According to seller in Stapleton, homes built in the last 5 years, are 50% more efficient than homes built more than 5 years ago, and the trend continues every 5 years.

This is one of the reasons I would like a new home. Also, older homes may have other problems that have persisted and gone unfixed, and unless you get a good inspector, it would be hard to find these issues over time.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
According to seller in Stapleton, homes built int he last 5 years, are 505 more efficient than homes built more than 5 years ago, and the trend continues every 5 years.

This is one of the reasons I would like a new home. Also, older homes may have other problems that have persisted and gone unfixed, and unless you get a good inspector, it would be hard to find these issues over time.
Brand new construction can also suffer from shoddy workmanship and unknowns like whether or not there's a big vein of expansive clay running under the opposite end of the house from the soil sample the builder took.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:47 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
According to seller in Stapleton, homes built in the last 5 years, are 50% more efficient than homes built more than 5 years ago, and the trend continues every 5 years.

You might want to check out Bradburn Village (just Google it). It's in Westminster, I believe, so not that far from Denver. It's like a mini-Stapleton (new urbanism, many of the same builders), but prices are cheaper there.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:45 PM

698 posts, read 2,046,473 times
We are cheaper than Stapleton for the same square footage but there are no single family homes here under 300K, while there are a few in Stapleton. There is however, a new homebuilder coming into Bradburn soon, Century Communities, and we've been told they will have a new line of homes running from the 300s to 400s, so it may be possible once they are here to get a new house in the low 300s. They are getting their plans through the city right now so I expect it to be a few months before they start building.

Bradburn is a walkable, mixed use neighborhood 30 minutes north from downtown Denver and 20 minutes from downtown Boulder. It has tons of families, loads of kids--most elementary aged--great schools and a very, very strong sense of community. If you never want to speak to or know your neighbors, Bradburn would not be a good fit.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,279,994 times
Reunion in Brighton?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
I can think of a dozen or more. Builders really cut back on production, and have recently started pulling more permits.

What do you want in a community?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I can think of a dozen or more. Builders really cut back on production, and have recently started pulling more permits.

What do you want in a community?
I want:

Walkable
Young Families
Commutable to downtown Denver (<20 minutes)
Good construction from reputable builders
House for <$250,000
Growing community with town center, stores, shops, restaurants
Parks, community green areas, moderate sized lot (~.25 acre would be nice)

Where have they started pulling permits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver