Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 PM

431 posts, read 982,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Stapleton is supposed to be more urban than suburban, so we have small lots.
This makes more sense then, so just ignore what I said earlier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 4,240 times
Hey everyone, here's where we're gathering info about the city's plan to improve traffic patterns at Stapleton: [url=http://www.stapletondenver.com/community/whats-happening/traffic-signals]Traffic Signals at Central Park Boulevard and 29th Avenue | Stapleton Denver[/url]

The good news is that Stapleton was designed to be walkable - shops, parks, rec centers are all easy to get to. If you have questions, we'd love to provide more info about everything the neighborhood has to offer! Just email [email]info@stapletondenver.com[/email].

Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StapletonDenver View Post
Hey everyone, here's where we're gathering info about the city's plan to improve traffic patterns at Stapleton: Traffic Signals at Central Park Boulevard and 29th Avenue | Stapleton Denver

The good news is that Stapleton was designed to be walkable - shops, parks, rec centers are all easy to get to. If you have questions, we'd love to provide more info about everything the neighborhood has to offer! Just email info@stapletondenver.com.
I'd say Stapleton may have been designed to be more bikeable than walkable. The shops are all planned to be at the ends of the neighborhood rather than centralized, which I still think was a mistake. I do agree that the park system is fantastic there, and definitely part of the draw. I'm still waiting to see how that Eastbridge shopping center pans out (if ever), and also the impact of some of those low income housing options / high density housing options. Those seem pretty far on the horizon by my reckoning and I think it's actually impeding the progress of the neighborhood, even if it's benefiting real estate to have them delayed. To suggest demand isn't there would seem...disingenuous.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM

698 posts, read 2,047,301 times
To our posters who live in Stapleton, what is the current status of the Eastbridge Town Center? I ask because the commercial/retail portion of Bradburn isn't developing like it was proposed and not on the time scale the developer thought. I'm assuming this is due primarily to the credit crisis/Great Recession.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:38 PM

36 posts, read 55,922 times
This made me laugh.

stapletonion.com

Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 PM
WiW

167 posts, read 577,835 times
When it comes to "feel", a picture may truly be worth a 1000 words
This was taken during a break at the concert on the green in Stapleton

Stapleton opinions (HOA, traffic, "feel")-stapleton-concert-1.jpg

Old 06-20-2011, 07:17 AM

431 posts, read 982,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiW View Post
When it comes to "feel", a picture may truly be worth a 1000 words
This was taken during a break at the concert on the green in Stapleton
Look at all those kids! That's always nice to see. Who played at the concert?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:42 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradburn1 View Post
To our posters who live in Stapleton, what is the current status of the Eastbridge Town Center? I ask because the commercial/retail portion of Bradburn isn't developing like it was proposed and not on the time scale the developer thought. I'm assuming this is due primarily to the credit crisis/Great Recession.
The last I've heard is that nothing is getting built. The entire town center is based on them getting a grocery store built, and apparently no one is building grocery stores any more. Within a year, it looks like the entire area around the Eastbridge town center will be complete, and there seems to always be lots of traffic going through. I don't really understand why they can't get anything started there. We only have one grocery store in Stapleton and it's usually very crowded. I wish they'd build a 7-11 with gas station somewhere in the middle of Stapleton. Even that would be a help.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:10 PM
WiW

167 posts, read 577,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superorb View Post
Look at all those kids! That's always nice to see. Who played at the concert?
Hazel Miller. She was good, but sometimes hard to hear with all the conversations taking place around & the kids having fun. It is more a social outing for Stapleton than a music event. Still, a lot of fun.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:36 PM

9 posts, read 19,464 times
@Denverian: I have a contact at Stapleton whom I forwarded your comment to. Here was his response:

"While the downturn in the economy has affected Stapleton as it has other communities across the nation, we plan to begin development this summer of 118 units of market rate apartments at E. 29th Drive and Geneva Court across from the future Eastbridge Town Center. In addition, there will be the initial phases of the next single family residential development south and east of the Eastbridge Town Center site beginning in the near future. As all of that development occurs, we believe there is a greater likelihood that a grocery tenant will locate in the area."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver