Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 AM

19 posts, read 50,109 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to the Aurora area hopefully sometime in the next year or two. From what I've seen online with these two apartments, I was just wondering which is better; apartment-wise and neighborhood-wise. I've never lived on my own and neither has my bf so we'll be pretty new at this. Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,269,871 times
Why do you want to live in north/central Aurora in particular? How do you have it narrowed down to these two of all the hundreds of apartment complexes in the Denver area? Your best bet is to just come out here when you're ready to move (or make a trip about a month before the actual move) and look around, seeing what's available. Choosing an apartment you've never seen before based only on internet reviews is not a good idea.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM

No reason at all. I'm still looking through a lot more but from pictures they seemed to be the most appealing outside and in so far and the low rent is pretty nice. We don't have the money to take a trip and look (coming from NJ). I know relying on internet isn't always the best choice but from these forums, I like how you can get a lot of different opinions

Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,269,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKari86 View Post
No reason at all. I'm still looking through a lot more but from pictures they seemed to be the most appealing outside and in so far and the low rent is pretty nice. We don't have the money to take a trip and look (coming from NJ). I know relying on internet isn't always the best choice but from these forums, I like how you can get a lot of different opinions
Pictures posted on the property management company's website tell you absolutely nothing. The general rule is: the lower the rent, the crappier the place. And by crappier I mean loud, inconsiderate neighbors, lax pet policies, vandalism and crime, overall cleanliness and bugs, etc. All apartments have problems no matter how "nice" they are, but you can expect to have more problems the lower rent you go. Certainly some places are better values than others. Generally you can get more value for your rent $$$ by renting condos from private landlords instead of corporate managed apartment complexes. But no individuals will rent to someone sight unseen without meeting the prospective tenants in person first.

A lot of people hate Aurora-- mainly because they're either ignorant, racist, or snobbish-- or a combo of all 3. I don't-- I grew up in Aurora and have a lot of good things to say about Aurora. Generally though, once you start going north of Alameda, especially when you get to Colfax, it's not good. If I wanted to be located in the central/northern half of Aurora I'd look at a few of these places first:

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...l#post18853495

I saw from your other posts that you were looking at Florida as well. How could one be thinking of moving to either FL or CO?-- the two are so vastly different I don't even see the common ground.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:14 PM

I know lower rent isn't always better but thats why I was hoping for some feedback to see which of the apartments was most tolerable. Also at the time I had posted for FL, I wasn't considering CO but after looking around a little more it seemed kind of nice. We're just trying to find a somewhat permanent place so we don't have to move around a lot and we both are trying to find places that meet both our "requirements."

Old 05-06-2011, 01:47 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,859,427 times
Both are in average-ish (lower middle class) areas.

I lived in a house not far from Chelsea Park for a while, I liked it there and didn't have any problems. A young couple with an average level of street-smarts should be okay there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: