Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 03:29 PM

18 posts, read 34,062 times

Advertisements

Hi

I am looking for apartments to live in and around Denver. I will be moving from Charlotte, NC. The location that I currently live is a 30 min drive from the downtown area and has slim to no public transportation.

I would like to walk more and drive less without compromising my safety as a single female. I would like to be as close to the mountains and outdoor activities while still being close to the city or at least near the light rail to easily access the downtown areas without having to drive.

I will be visiting only once before I move out there. I have done as much research as time and the internet will allow before my visit.

Looking at Police crime reports for Denver looks pretty much the same as Charlotte with the exception of the excessive car break-ins and car thefts so I'm trying to find places with gated communities or controlled access parking.

Any opinions, suggestions, or guidance on safer parts of Denver to be an outgoing female will be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 03:30 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
And where might work be?

Old 06-15-2011, 03:43 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
Hey! If you are here next week come and join us for a get together! You'll get a good idea of our clean and safe downtown.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:14 PM

2binDenver: I don't have a job yet, I will be going to a job fair within 2 hours of arriving... I will be driving around to interior design firms to drop off resumes as well as gyms (will have my PTC in july) Other than that, my thinking is that I can wait tables or host anywhere and I wanted to move to the mountains and know 2 people in Denver and 1 person south of Denver so why not give it a shot. : )

DenverLawGal: I would love to get to know the with some locals. I was planning on checking out the evening night life alone when I got there so it would be nice to have people to meet up with : )

Old 06-15-2011, 04:17 PM

Unfortunately real life has me more into happy hours than nightlife LOL --- but... we are meeting Wed. next week. Keep an eye on the Happy Hour thread for info. Hope to meet you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelChick View Post
2binDenver: I don't have a job yet, I will be going to a job fair within 2 hours of arriving... I will be driving around to interior design firms to drop off resumes as well as gyms (will have my PTC in july) Other than that, my thinking is that I can wait tables or host anywhere and I wanted to move to the mountains and know 2 people in Denver and 1 person south of Denver so why not give it a shot. : )

DenverLawGal: I would love to get to know the with some locals. I was planning on checking out the evening night life alone when I got there so it would be nice to have people to meet up with : )

Old 06-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
Unfortunately real life has me more into happy hours than nightlife LOL --- but... we are meeting Wed. next week. Keep an eye on the Happy Hour thread for info. Hope to meet you soon!
Happy Hour is always fun too : ) Unfortunately Wednesday night is the only evening that I actually have plans other than the Panic show Saturday night, but I will definitely keep an eye on the thread... Thanks for the invite : )

Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 PM

oh bummer! Well, hope something works out so that you can still stop by - even if it's just for a few minutes.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
oh bummer! Well, hope something works out so that you can still stop by - even if it's just for a few minutes.
I will definitely try : )

When is Happy Hour out there anyway? It is btwn 4pm-7pm in charlotte. Don't know if that is a standard time across the country : ) lol

My friend doesn't get off work until 7pm anyway... I will be apartment hunting after the job fair... Most apt. offices close @ 5:30-6pm so I will have an hour in between to meet up : )

Old 06-15-2011, 05:17 PM

oh yes, HH must be universal. Here it's more like 5-7, but you'll see wide variations sometimes. The other place I was thinking of meeting at has HH until 9m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelChick View Post
I will definitely try : )

When is Happy Hour out there anyway? It is btwn 4pm-7pm in charlotte. Don't know if that is a standard time across the country : ) lol

My friend doesn't get off work until 7pm anyway... I will be apartment hunting after the job fair... Most apt. offices close @ 5:30-6pm so I will have an hour in between to meet up : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: