Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,849 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum for awhile now and decided to jump in and say "Hi" and hopefully get some good information.

I am active duty Navy and will be transferring to Buckley next March, so I am starting to look for a place to live and would like to narrow down my choices before I get out there (save some time searching while living in a hotel, ya know?) so I am asking you for your help.

I am in my early 40’s and am not looking for the “party scene” but would still like to be close enough to night life that it would not take a week’s worth of planning to go out and have some fun. I am looking for an apartment in a “nice area.” I know….define “nice area”…right? Ok, so here goes my best effort. I know realistically that crime happens, but I would like to be in a relatively safe neighborhood where I don’t have to stress so much about myself, my car, or place getting messed with. I will not have kids with me, so school districts are not an issue. I would like to be in an area close to retail (shops, restaurants, entertainment, etc). I have been looking at apartments in DTC (Enclave at Belleview Station), Saddle Rock area (Canyons at Saddle Rock), and The Flats at Whisper Sky (not sure what area that would be considered).

I am trying to keep my rent between @$800 - $1000 and if that will get me a nice 2 bed/2bath that’s ok too.

Keeping in mind that I will be at Buckley, are these close enough that I will not be driving 45min+ everyday?? I am currently in San Diego, so I understand that amount of traffic makes a difference and I grew up in Minnesota so I also understand the woes of winter.

Any help and/or information you can provide is most appreciated.

Ps....When I get out there, I would love to join you all for a "Happy Hour" gathering and get to know some people since I will be new in the area and don't really know anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 02:37 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
I'd look into the Lowry area too. It wouldn't be a bad commute - 7 or 8 mile straight shot down 6th Ave. It's in an area with some nightlife, grocery stores, restaurants, gyms, etc all in walking distance, but not filled with partiers in their 20s. Might not be able to get a 2bdr, 2bath under 1000 though.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,849 times
Thanks...I will see what Lowry has to offer....any thoughts on the areas I listed?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:07 AM

30 posts, read 44,373 times
From someone who currently lives at The Flats At Whisper Sky, I wouldn't bother renting there. It's under new management and they are raising the rent from what I originally paid last August yet they haven't really stated what they are giving back to the complex with the extra funds.

Not to mention the people that work in the leasing office are slightly incompetent when it comes to answering simple questions about community events and fulfilling service requests.

Finally, if you are at all interested in spending time at the pool during the hot summer months (especially when the temps get into the 90s like this past weekend), you better be prepared to a) get down there at like 9am to get a lounge chair and b) contend with idiots who bring 20 people with them when the rules clearly state 2 guests per resident.

Just my two cents...

Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunsindelman View Post
From someone who currently lives at The Flats At Whisper Sky, I wouldn't bother renting there. It's under new management and they are raising the rent from what I originally paid last August yet they haven't really stated what they are giving back to the complex with the extra funds.

Not to mention the people that work in the leasing office are slightly incompetent when it comes to answering simple questions about community events and fulfilling service requests.

Finally, if you are at all interested in spending time at the pool during the hot summer months (especially when the temps get into the 90s like this past weekend), you better be prepared to a) get down there at like 9am to get a lounge chair and b) contend with idiots who bring 20 people with them when the rules clearly state 2 guests per resident.

Just my two cents...
If those are your biggest complaints (of all the things that can and do go wrong with apartment living), it sounds like a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver