Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM

255 posts, read 1,094,113 times

Advertisements

Hi there.

I'm staying in a hotel downtown on July 15th. The hotel parking rates are crazy, so I'm looking for an alternative that's a) reasonably secure b) doesn't require me to get up super-early to move my car and c) is in or close to (meaning within easy walking distance of) downtown.

I'm fine with on-street parking if anyone has good input there.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 PM

6,802 posts, read 9,350,606 times
I don't have any specific ideas for parking, but is it absolutely necessary that you stay downtown? The hotels in the Cherry Creek area, for instance, don't charge for parking, and it's only ~2-3 miles away.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 AM

255 posts, read 1,094,113 times
Cool Downtown Hotel

That's a good point, but it's my wife's birthday, so I booked us at an Extra Special hotel downtown.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 AM

339 posts, read 1,287,349 times
Don't you dare do it...pay the $18 a night and spare yourself heartache: The 1st night I visited downtown Denver and stayed at a hotel and parked on the street I was ticketed. If you want a special hotel and parking is really important to you...try the Loews in Cherry Creek (which is probably just as expensive and is NOT the big building with the name on it, how deceiving). I've racked up so many bogus tickets in Denver that I no longer park at any metered spots. The other day I wanted to cry when I had to pay $15 to park for 1 hour at the Hyatt for a event going on there

Denver Parking Violations Bureau

22 reviews for Denver Parking Violations Bureau

Sort by: Yelp Sort | Date | Rating | Elites' | Facebook Friends'
All Reviews

Last edited by CruisingUSA; 07-08-2011 at 02:32 AM..

Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 AM

345 posts, read 974,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder18 View Post
That's a good point, but it's my wife's birthday, so I booked us at an Extra Special hotel downtown.
Park in a lot nearby and walk a block or three to the hotel.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:07 PM

531 posts, read 1,146,211 times
You could park at a light rail station and ride the train downtown. I've done that before. Even those though could have fees for overnight. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
Don't you dare do it...pay the $18 a night and spare yourself heartache: The 1st night I visited downtown Denver and stayed at a hotel and parked on the street I was ticketed. If you want a special hotel and parking is really important to you...try the Loews in Cherry Creek (which is probably just as expensive and is NOT the big building with the name on it, how deceiving). I've racked up so many bogus tickets in Denver that I no longer park at any metered spots. The other day I wanted to cry when I had to pay $15 to park for 1 hour at the Hyatt for a event going on there
Or you could just pay attention to the rules where you park and feed the meter when necessary.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:47 PM

59 posts, read 163,867 times
Try the parking garage located at 19th St. & Wynkoop St. near Coors Field. I parked there and it was great.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 AM

345 posts, read 974,045 times
Knowing which hotel (or intersection of hotel if you prefer) would help us recommend a good parking location for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver