Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 AM

812 posts, read 1,470,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
I really have to disagree - this is one I hear all the time in Colorado, as if we need to say it to ourselves to make it true. Now, please don't get me wrong, I'm not critiquing Colorado - its a very nice state, safe, good schools, good climate (aside from the lack of water), mountain scenery, and a beautiful Front Range (if we can prevent it from being paved over!) that is nice and green compared to our surrounding states. I agree the economy has been good to Colorado thru the 90s and up to the 2000s. I enjoyed living in the Fort, Boulder has plenty of beauty, and now moving to Denver ... well, its not my cup of tea compared to beautiful cities like Portland, Seattle, etc. If one loves the sun, and doesn't miss the water, and want mild winters, sure its nice. But "simply unmatched by any other state"?? This year I've had a chance to travel again, to many of the places I've been before and some new places, and can assure you there are many places in this country worth living in, that offer natural beauty, a decent economy, and reasonably priced homes. Perhaps I have just been traveling to the "good" places, I admit! For me, the Pacific Northwest, the northeast from Pennsylvania to New England, the mighty Great Lakes, the mountains and barrier Islands of North Carolina, etc. all have great beauty.
Do the metro areas in the Pacific Northwest have reasonably priced homes? Maybe I just lumped those cities into the "no way in **** would I ever be the sucker to pay those prices" type places I've written off. Let me rephrase: "Colorado is simply unmatched in those three quality of life factors than any other state in which I've spent any reasonable amount of time." Some places are more beautiful (Montana); some have more massive economies (LA; NY, Chi); some have dirt-cheap housing (I won't name names), but ON BALANCE, I think Colorado cities (I'm in CO Spgs) do as well or better than any other single place. Other people can feel their "place" is the best, but I feel ridiculously fortunate to live here and not some other places I've lived and am perhaps a little giddy in the head, so bear with us Colorado-lovers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 10:19 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Oh yeah. I miss the beach but if you like the mountains it's easy to accept what Colorado does have to offer. It all depends on the person and what they like.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:48 AM

12 posts, read 16,222 times
Thanks everyone! Your input and opinions are greatly appreciated and have given me much to think about. Hopefully we will be making a trip to the Denver area in the next few months to explore the city a bit more.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
I miss the beach so much I am now at it for vacation. Weather in San Diego has been perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver