Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 PM

4 posts, read 3,957 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am spending a weekend in Denver. I am planning on renting a car and driving to Boulder while I am in the area. Can anyone suggest where the upscale nightlife/bars are?...Where should I get a hotel close to the bars/nightlife in Denver? Where should I look around to get an idea of local life?

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddaytoyou View Post
Hi,

I am spending a weekend in Denver. I am planning on renting a car and driving to Boulder while I am in the area. Can anyone suggest where the upscale nightlife/bars are?...Where should I get a hotel close to the bars/nightlife in Denver? Where should I look around to get an idea of local life?

thanks so much!
Nightlife is in LoDo. Get a hotel room in Downtown, if possible.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:39 AM

182 posts, read 328,175 times
Downtown has several of the standard hotel brands (2 Hyatt's, Marriott, Westin, etc..) and also have some smaller boutique type hotels. Oxford is a cool, older as in historical, but swanky hotel that close to Union Station, Coors field, lots of higher end restaurants and nightlife. Not too much further from there is where most hotels are congregated around 16th Street which is a mostly pedestrian outdoor mall area with shopping, restaurants, Lucky Strike Bowling, nightclubs... Hotel Teatro is another smaller hotel that usually gets good reviews in that area.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Trvl View Post
Downtown has several of the standard hotel brands (2 Hyatt's, Marriott, Westin, etc..) and also have some smaller boutique type hotels. Oxford is a cool, older as in historical, but swanky hotel that close to Union Station, Coors field, lots of higher end restaurants and nightlife. Not too much further from there is where most hotels are congregated around 16th Street which is a mostly pedestrian outdoor mall area with shopping, restaurants, Lucky Strike Bowling, nightclubs... Hotel Teatro is another smaller hotel that usually gets good reviews in that area.
While this isn't necessarily a place the OP might like for it's nightlife, the Marriott Residence Inn on 18th & Champa is wonderful and has the advantage of two room suites which can be important to some folks who will spend more than just sleeping time in their room or are trying to fit four people into a single room.

I've stayed there a couple of times and while it is more business oriented, it does have a decent little happy hour (wine, beer and snacks) and a good breakfast buffet. I think the happy hour is M-Th, not seven nights a week.

It's a block and a half from the 16th street mall and 9-10 blocks from Coors Field.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:24 PM

229 posts, read 423,635 times
I would go to Forest Room 5, Vita, Root Down all in the highlands. Unless you really like the 21 year old chest puffing scene, I would avoid LoDo like the plague. Also near downtown is the Tavern Uptown on 17th. In Boulder, anywhere along Pearl street is pretty good.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:49 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times
I recommend a nightclub called "Jazz at Jacks" on 16th street in downtown Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver