Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerdancer View Post
uh, excuse me? I asked a perfectly reasonably question. That is what these boards are for. Clearly the people in Denver are mighty "friendly" if this is the response i get.
You seem to be judging off of people on the fourm, and that makes not since. That poster is one person out of 2 million+.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:35 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
This whole thread is BS! How are you going to get mad because people wont text you back? Or because they don't want to see your new car? This just doesn't make since, and like an earlier poster said, you sound like a 15 year old girl! You will find "Fake" people everywhere. I don't even find Souther Cali to be fake, because i know well enough that I can't judge a whole population on a few people i meet.
You either need to get to know the city and its people more or simply...get out if you don't like it here. Let the friendship come to you, don't force yourself on people. From what your telling us, so seem to be a bit clingy...(which is okay)...but try to be less clingy, and i promise you will make atleast 1 friend. Go downtown...i've made alot of friends in that area since i have been out of school.

I don't mean to sound mean, but you really can't judge a city as a whole if you don't know many people.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM

135 posts, read 296,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
You seem to be judging off of people on the fourm, and that makes not since. That poster is one person out of 2 million+.
your crystal ball doesn't seem to be working today. I am not "judging" on that one poster on the forum, nor am I judging at all, i am asking a question. Cities have a feelings and cultures to them. I've seen and heard men talk about women in Orange County who tend to like rich men, it doesn't mean they all do, but there is a generalization. I have heard that which prompted my question from different people about Denver. I recall in a Forbes article about it being the good city for singles that one guy commented something like "Denver is a huge sports town, so if you aren't into that, you could "feel left out." It stuck in my mind, hence remembering the verbatim. If you don't live in a city, you base some of your assessments on hearsay, given that this is all you have.

I am not sure why I am even defending my question, I didn't realize I broke some C-D forum law.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM

78 posts, read 196,197 times
Oh for heaven sake. I had to leave Denver for a job and I miss the heck out of it. Anyway, the point here is how on earth anyone can get upset about meeting shallow people in a pickup bar, gay or straight. You can't be serious about this. When I was considerably younger I went to pickup bars and complained about how shallow the encounters were, but that was my wrong decisons, not the fault of the city I lived in. What about voluntering? Joining a group for singing, playing sports, collecting exotic pencils, whatever. Its a big world out there and people in pickup bars are not often the deepest people around.

MODERATOR EDIT: The comments of cglore make a great punctuation mark on which to end this thread. Period. Thread closed.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-02-2011 at 06:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver