Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:43 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie91 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion on Highland. I flew in from out of state last weekend and signed a lease there. I also did a lot of driving to figure out some of my commute routes.

From Highland, when I need to get to CO Springs during rush hour, how far south should I take Federal or Sheridan before I swing over to I-25?

I will also have to go from Highland to Aurora (at E Hampden & S Tower Rd). Do I need to avoid I-225 for any reason? Looks like the best route is to take Sheridan then I-70 East, then head south somewhere....

Thanks!
I would probably take Federal south to Mississippi then east to Broadway (or Buchtel Blvd, where you could get on at the almost always empty Emerson ramp), then north for a second to hit I-25 south. Normally, I'd recommend Alameda, but they are in the process of blowing up that interchange right now, and I don't even know if you can get on I-25 S from there currently. You'll want to avoid the US 6 East temptation much of the time (it's a bottleneck).

No, do not go that way to Hampden/Tower. That would be a big giant circle around everything that wouldn't accomplish much.

Go:
I-25 S
to I-225 N
to Parker Rd South
to Hampden Ave
go east to Tower

Old 10-12-2011, 07:33 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I would probably take Federal south to Mississippi then east to Broadway (or Buchtel Blvd, where you could get on at the almost always empty Emerson ramp), then north for a second to hit I-25 south. Normally, I'd recommend Alameda, but they are in the process of blowing up that interchange right now, and I don't even know if you can get on I-25 S from there currently. You'll want to avoid the US 6 East temptation much of the time (it's a bottleneck).

No, do not go that way to Hampden/Tower. That would be a big giant circle around everything that wouldn't accomplish much.

Go:
I-25 S
to I-225 N
to Parker Rd South
to Hampden Ave
go east to Tower
I second this. This is usually the best way to get from central Denver to SE Aurora.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 AM

232 posts, read 805,222 times
Here's one for you. How about getting from Highland to Parker? Is it best to avoid the tollway? I believe the specific location would be just south of the 470 & S. Parker Rd exit.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Here's one for you. How about getting from Highland to Parker? Is it best to avoid the tollway? I believe the specific location would be just south of the 470 & S. Parker Rd exit.

Thanks again everyone!
I personally avoid E-470 like the plague. You could go I-25 S to Lincoln and head east to Parker Rd.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 AM

232 posts, read 805,222 times
If I go Mississippi to Buchtel.... does Mississippi go straight into a right turn onto Buchtel? Why would I want to attempt a left turn at Broadway to get to I-25 South (the other option you mentioned), when the former sounds easier? (If you recall, I live in West Highlands, trying to get south during rush hour).

Also, on the way home (coming up I-25 North), what exit should I take? I drove up I-25 North on sunday, and did not notice an exit for Mississippi, then ended up getting off at Alameda, which I assume might not be such a good option on a weekday rush hour...

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I would probably take Federal south to Mississippi then east to Broadway (or Buchtel Blvd, where you could get on at the almost always empty Emerson ramp), then north for a second to hit I-25 south.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
If I go Mississippi to Buchtel.... does Mississippi go straight into a right turn onto Buchtel? Why would I want to attempt a left turn at Broadway to get to I-25 South (the other option you mentioned), when the former sounds easier? (If you recall, I live in West Highlands, trying to get south during rush hour).

Also, on the way home (coming up I-25 North), what exit should I take? I drove up I-25 North on sunday, and did not notice an exit for Mississippi, then ended up getting off at Alameda, which I assume might not be such a good option on a weekday rush hour...

Thanks again!
Yes, Mississippi goes straight right onto Buchtel.

Broadway may get you onto the freeway faster.

There is no exit for Mississippi going north, you could take the Downing St exit towards Emerson/Washington, which would put you on another Buchtel north of the freeway, and then take Louisiana west over the freeway to Logan or Broadway which would take you to Mississippi.

I would completely avoid anything related to Alameda/Santa Fe exit right now (during rush's).

The thing about going north during rush, is that there always seems to be a bottleneck between Colorado and 6th, so it's probably something you'll have to suffer through on the way home for at least a little bit, so you could do the Downing exit thing I mentioned above, or just buckle down and sit through it the whole way to 23rd, Speer, etc.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:56 PM

625 posts, read 1,390,013 times
By "congested", do you mean density of development or of traffic? A lot of the less dense areas will require you drive on congested roads. DTC is less dense than downtown, but also doesn't have the character or walkability of historic Denver neighborhoods, so you may have to drive a lot, and I assume its quite congested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver