U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 09:01 PM

84 posts, read 206,252 times

Advertisements

Opinions? I've never been to Parker or any of these apartments, yet I have to make a choice very soon for where me, my husband, and our 1-year old daughter will live (sight unseen). Maybe you are familiar with these or the areas? ANY input is helpful!!!

Here they are:
TRAILSIDE APARTMENTS:18139 E. Main Street, Parker, 80134
PARKER HILLTOP: 19600 Clubhouse Drive, Parker, 80138
WINDROCK & STONE CANYON: 19011 & 19255 E. Cottonwood Dr, Parker, 80138

Such as: What is the area like? General impression of the area or these complexes? Noisy or quiet? Within walking distance to coffeeshops or anything like that? Access to green area/hiking? Good for kids? Convenient? Cool/interesting area? Pretty area? Safe area? Specifics about the complexes?

THANKS in advance!!! I promise I will soon stop bombarding y'all with questions once we find a place. It is just so hard not being able to see them in person, not knowing anything about the area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 PM

5,113 posts, read 18,895,676 times
Trailside has a nice location if you want to be walking distance to coffeeshops and such, and is close to some open space. Downtown Parker is to the east and fairly quaint(though the area seems to be more commercialized than I remember it). Not sure of the rest, or the quality of Trailside.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 PM

24,011 posts, read 26,901,717 times
IIRC:

Of these, Parker Hilltop would be my last choice (personally). I believe it's the largest and almost assuredly the noisiest. It is centrally located (in Parker) but right behind a Best Buy, Staples etc. Probably the most reasonably priced and probably the youngest crowd.

Trailside is also nicely located (I think nicer for a young family) - definitely walkable without being "right there" next to big box stores. (also right on the bike trail that goes through the area). Very close to the library.

Windrock/Stone Canyon, I think is right by the highway (E470 - tollroad) and not really near much of anything (well, I take that back, a hospital, a Red Robin, Costco...Lifetime Fitness....). Pretty sure thse are the newest. From the outside looks more "upscale"; guessing more professionals and commuters who want easy access to the highway.

All of these complexes are professionally managed and seem to be well maintained.

Last edited by maciesmom; 10-03-2011 at 10:09 PM..

Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 PM

156 posts, read 688,337 times
I posted this on another one of your threads, but all three of those complexes got very low ratings on an apartment ratings website. You might want to read the reviews.

Have you looked at any complexes in the Tallyn's Reach area of Aurora? Aurora has a horrible reputation, but the south end of of Aurora (near Arapahoe/Smoky Hill Road) is VERY nice...lots of upscale homes and apartments, and close proximity to Southlands (major shopping area). It's also in the CCSD (which isn't important NOW because your DD is young, but it might be later).

Old 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM

24,011 posts, read 26,901,717 times
I would take low ratings with a grain of salt. People who are unhappy tend to post more than people who are pleased or neutral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver