Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 AM

456 posts, read 1,576,972 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I'm excited to be relocating next month. I got a job thankfully already. Question for you locals. I'm going to be in Lodo, living right by I-25. My new job is on the outskirts of Denver, just a bit past Cherry Creek Mall. I know that I can exit off I-25 going south onto Colorado Blvd. I'm wondering how long a normal commute from downtown to there would be, and if I'd be better off taking local roads instead of the expressway. I google mapped it and it's about a 10 mile commute door to door.

Would the Light-Rail be another option for me as well?

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 11:58 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Kat, where exactly is your job? Cherry Creek Mall is not on the "outskirts of Denver", nor is it south of the I-25/Colorado Blvd intersection.

Going south on I-25 from LoDo to Colorado Blvd. is probably ten minutes during non-rush-hour times, but during the morning rush hour it would probably be twice that, and going north is even worse. Anytime after about 3:00 p.m. northbound I-25 is a parking lot. I'm not sure about the surface streets.

Light rail would be a great option, depending on where your job is located. You could hop on at Union Station and be at the Colorado Blvd. stop in about 15 minutes.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:57 PM

456 posts, read 1,576,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Kat, where exactly is your job? Cherry Creek Mall is not on the "outskirts of Denver", nor is it south of the I-25/Colorado Blvd intersection.

Going south on I-25 from LoDo to Colorado Blvd. is probably ten minutes during non-rush-hour times, but during the morning rush hour it would probably be twice that, and going north is even worse. Anytime after about 3:00 p.m. northbound I-25 is a parking lot. I'm not sure about the surface streets.

Light rail would be a great option, depending on where your job is located. You could hop on at Union Station and be at the Colorado Blvd. stop in about 15 minutes.

OK..I thought it was literally on the border. Please forgive me, as I don't know the area well enough yet. My job is just off Colorado Blvd, you turn off of E. Mexico and there it is. I don't know any other major street it is by, I apologize! I do know that it is very close to the Co. Blvd. exit off of I-25.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:09 PM

30 posts, read 121,253 times
The reason why you thought Colorado and Mexico was on the edge of Denver is you were probably looking at the border with Glendale. Glendale is a very small city within the city of Denver.

Anyway, Colorado and Mexico would not be a bad walk from the Colorado light rail station. It's a pretty pedestrian friendly area, too. As others have said, Colorado Blvd. to Lodo on I-25 is brutal both ways during rush hour.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:41 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,492 times
I-25 and Colorado Blvd. are both busy during rush hour. One possible route that you can take is Colorado Blvd. north to Speer Blvd, which will take you right to downtown. You can also think about taking Mexico to University, and University to Speer. I-25 northbound is a parking lot during the afternoon rush hour so you may be better off looking at surface routes.

Light rail is a good alternative. It may save you some time, especially at about 4:30 on a Friday afternoon!

Last edited by downtownnola; 08-23-2007 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Missing information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: