U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 13,546 times

Advertisements

Howdy,

I am looking for some information about a company named Denver Equipment Co.. From the information I have the were, at some time, located at 1400 Seventeenth Street in Denver.

Also, according to the info I have they were in business from the mid 1930's until possibly 25 years ago.

I think they were possibly manufacturers of some sort of mining tools or equipment and may have made some laboratory testing equipment as well.

I have contacted the Denver Chamber of Commerce, and the Colorado Secretary of State, but the do not have any "electronic" information regarding the status of the company or any history of the company.

They suggested that I could submit a "Paper Request" and the would sift through some archives, but this could take 6+ weeks.

The Information I am looking for would be:

* Is this company still in business?
* Has the company been purchased and running under a new name?
* Any current of historical contact information that may help further my search.
* Also if anyone had an old catalog from this company, that they didn't need....free or for sale.... I'd be glad to have it.....shipping paid.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you have any information I could use, you can e-mail me directly at tthalmann@rainhart.com

Thanks,

Todd
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 12,370 times
Denver Equipment Co. is now Svedala Industries Inc. pump and process divisionHope this [email]helpssnowangel2979@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 05-14-2009, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 12,123 times
Svedala is now Metso Minerals. They have downsized considerably but still have an office here in Colorado Springs, CO. Other names were as you know Denver Equipment, Denver Sala, Svedala Industries and currently Metso Minerals. I believe Metso stems from Finland. I hope that helps and if you should have any questions, I might be able to put you in touch directly. lady967@hotmail. Please if responding put Metso Info in the subject line or I may think its junk. Many thanks!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,029 times
I was the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering at DECO. They are no longer in business and the plant is now a vacant lot. What sort of information do you want to know. You can Email me at [EMAIL="oilfirefight@att.net"]oilfirefight@att.net[/EMAIL].

Old 07-20-2015, 05:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,369 times
Hello, I was wondering if someone might have some info., on a scale I have. It is marked on the brass DENVER EQUIPMENT CO. And under that, it has, E27689. And at the other end, it has "for mining use only" and FAIRBANKS MORSE. I can not find any info. on this. Is this the correct Denver Equipment Co.? I am addressing. Do you have any records to look at, that might show such a scale? Thank you Sherri [email]jazz_sherri@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 07-06-2016, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,691 times
Default Prem

I worked for Denver Equipment Company (DECO) from Sep 1970 until May 1974 at Denver, CO as a Design Engineer and then in Colorado Springs, CO as Supervisor at their Hydraulic Testing Laboratory. After their 17th Street Office in Denver burnt down in 1974, they moved to 600 Broadway, Denver which was earlier the office of Stearns Rogers. DECO's design office was located in Denver and manufacturing facility in Colorado Springs. They were pioneers in design & manufacturing of mining equipment/machinery which was renowned world over. Art Daman was the founder of DECO. He then sold the company to Joy Manufacturing Company possibly in early 70's. Joy's head office was in Pittsburg, PA. Mr. Frank Kalan was DECO's key expert and Chief Engineer during and after Daman until 1975 when he retired. Mr. Kalan from Yugoslavia was educated in then Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic). In later years until 90's I continued doing business with this company. By then it had changed names several times after acquisitions. Denver Equipment had a sister company in then South Africa and licensed manufacture of some of their equipment by Kirlosker in India. I remember names of some of their key personnel's who worked with Denver Equipment in mid 70's.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 290 times
I purchased an old wooden foundry mold and was trying to get some information on what it was used for. It has a couple of labels, one says, "Property of Joy Mfg", the other "DECO H396H GM". I have emailed Metso but since it is headquartered in Finland and a huge conglomerate, I don't expect a reply. Any thoughts on how I could find information about the mold. It is big arch, 3-foot radius.

Thank you for your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver