Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:31 PM

160 posts, read 303,452 times

Advertisements

Y'all bring up some pretty good points! Oh yeah, I've heard of half-backs, lol. Don't necessarily need to be retired to be a halfback. I think in general the half-backs were older, but that seems to be changing. I'm trying to narrow down my job search so I can get out of FL. Researching cities in a short amount of time to get a ballpark idea isn't that easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPirate View Post
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, I just had the pleasure of visiting Denver, Boulder and Estes Park last month for the first time in my life and I fell in love, I've been wanting to move out of Florida for the past few years but being the picky woman that I am (aren't we all)...nothing has jumped out at me, until I visited Colorado...I'm currently living in the Tampa/St. Pete area of Florida and orginally from Brooklyn, NYC...I will be in Denver by March/April 2012 the latest and I have to say I am totally stoked...so hello future neighbors, I know two people up there and that's it...selling everything I own, saving every dime and at 32 years old for the first time I'm moving somewhere completely new and on my own...so hi!

<3 RiotPirate
What have you looked into so far as far as living? Do you plan to rent or buy? What kind of impression have you gotten so far? Are there any suburbs that stick out that you might consider living in?

Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 PM

50 posts, read 199,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFIVEOH View Post
What have you looked into so far as far as living? Do you plan to rent or buy? What kind of impression have you gotten so far? Are there any suburbs that stick out that you might consider living in?
I am looking into living in Denver Proper, probably Highlands or somewhere on the front range side of town...I currently live in the Suburbs of Tampa now and it sucks, being 32, female with no kids, it's a snooze fest. Don't plan on buying, been there done that, will never do it again unless it's acreage...I spent 4 days up there last month, spent two in the city and two in the mountains and that's all it took me, I was sold...didn't have a major chance to explore the city but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time for that...

Old 11-13-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I am looking into living in Denver Proper, probably Highlands or somewhere on the front range side of town...I currently live in the Suburbs of Tampa now and it sucks, being 32, female with no kids, it's a snooze fest. Don't plan on buying, been there done that, will never do it again unless it's acreage...I spent 4 days up there last month, spent two in the city and two in the mountains and that's all it took me, I was sold...didn't have a major chance to explore the city but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time for that...
I've noticed some real nice bungalow style homes (older but modernized) in Highlands as well as a few other areas which I personally like. I'm also considering Knoxville but one of the turnoffs is the style of homes. Of course, in the South, bigger is better and everything you find is 2500+ SF. Only the lofts in Knoxville are modernized. I'm single and have no kids either so there is no need for a huge home. I've been to Tampa and I can see where you'd want out, lol.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:20 AM

I was tossing around the idea of Tennessee for a really really long time, I have family and friends in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville...I love it there too and the way I see it, if Denver doesn't work out, I can always move there lol...

Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,289 times
Quote:
I was tossing around the idea of Tennessee for a really really long time, I have family and friends in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville...I love it there too and the way I see it, if Denver doesn't work out, I can always move there lol...
When I drove to CO from FL I took that route through Chattanooga, was really nice I was thinking on my drive that would be somewhere I could move. That was the only place on the entire route that seemed interesting until I got to Denver

Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 PM

47 posts, read 138,985 times
I connected flights in Denver over the weekend and honestly the scenery captivated me, I love New Jersey but I am eggin for a change of scenery and livability. Atlanta is my only other choice for relocation.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
When I drove to CO from FL I took that route through Chattanooga, was really nice I was thinking on my drive that would be somewhere I could move. That was the only place on the entire route that seemed interesting until I got to Denver
That's too bad, if you took the route I'm thinking of you were just west of the mountains. That entire area is so beautiful! It's mostly what is making a decision difficult in choosing a city to move to. The Smokies and Rockies are gorgeous in their own way, but polar opposites of each other.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:58 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
That's awesome!! Good luck with your move!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 AM

Thanks Kiki...I am stoked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver