Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:58 PM

4 posts, read 6,910 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info - I cant wait to leave Cooper City, I will have my answer by Friday.

My family and I will be renting, my guess is the price range will be between 2000-2300 per month. That's cool for a year or so. Does anyone have any friends that specialize in rentals?

My work is 16th and Broadway. I understand Highlands Ranch is around 45 min, does anyone live North of Denver and if so where and what's the benefit.

I am looking for a family atmosphere, no pawn shops, or pay here lots. One last question please name your top two cities to live if you had to do it over again with a 2300 budget for rent, oh by the way I never paid for GAS to heat a house. What is the average heat cost on a 2800 sq ft home?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 07:31 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Lot of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdyl View Post
My family and I will be renting, my guess is the price range will be between 2000-2300 per month
1. Wash Park.
2. Cherry Creek.
3. LoDo.
4. CBD.
5. Highland.
6. Cheesman Park.
7. Congress Park.

You have enough to rent in just about every upscale neighborhood.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:44 PM

11 posts, read 17,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdyl View Post
Thanks for the info - I cant wait to leave Cooper City, I will have my answer by Friday.

My family and I will be renting, my guess is the price range will be between 2000-2300 per month. That's cool for a year or so. Does anyone have any friends that specialize in rentals?

My work is 16th and Broadway. I understand Highlands Ranch is around 45 min, does anyone live North of Denver and if so where and what's the benefit.

I am looking for a family atmosphere, no pawn shops, or pay here lots. One last question please name your top two cities to live if you had to do it over again with a 2300 budget for rent, oh by the way I never paid for GAS to heat a house. What is the average heat cost on a 2800 sq ft home?

Thanks,
1. Be wary of renting from an individual or at least do your homework on their mortgage/foreclosure status to make sure that the unit is in good standing.

2. Check out TJC Management, www.tjcmanagement.com - they specialize in Stapleton (the property management company we're currently renting from). They currently have over 100 units,
Tom Cummings, the principal is a good guy. Stapleton is about 15 minutes from Downtown Denver - easy commute.

3. www.stapletondenver.com

4. We're in a 1500 SF townhome - Gas & Electric are combined..never paid more than $140/mo and we keep it chilly in the summer and warm in the winter.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM

8 posts, read 19,531 times
Hi, I read that a few of you have made the drive from South Florida to Denver. We will be moving to Denver from Ft. Lauderdale mid March. We are considering two routes. The northern route that goes through Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri and Kansas OR the southern route through Louisiana and Texas. Can anyone compare the two routes, pros and cons? Any advice would be great, Thanks!

Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 PM

30 posts, read 120,618 times
Scuba N Snow,

Just throwing my 2 cents in since I will be making that drive from Jacksonville to Denver in a month. I have found out that if you go the south route through La, Texas etc the only state that requires you stop at weight stations in a penske 22 foot truck is Texas. Going the northern route I think every state requires you to stop including, GA, TN, KY, IL, MO, KS so think about that. I think I might go south unless the weather is bad just to avoid Atlanta, Nashville, St Louis, Kansas City etc where the south only goes through Dallas/Ft Worth. Let me know anything you find out and I will take the advice, hope I helped and didnt confuse you!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:41 PM

Thanks, I didn't know that. We have a Penske 16 ft. so it shouldn't be a problem. At the moment we are only considering the weather as for which route to choose since there isn't a huge difference in distance. If there will be possible winter conditions through the north then we will go south. If it is clear north and rain to the south then we will go the northern route. But if both are good weather wise then we need to choose based on other factors. Large cities can definitely cause traffic problems, especially around rush hour, so that is good to consider too. I wonder how the roads compare?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:44 PM

30 posts, read 120,618 times
regarding the weigh stations most of them were if you weigh more than 18,000 pounds so i am not sure how much stuff you have or how much the 16 foot penske weighs to be honest. I wanted the bigger diesel tank so thats why I got the 22 vs the 16. (16 ft is gasoline and only 30 gallon tank, where the 22 is diesel and 50 gallon tank). I am basically doing the same thing the distance isnt that much but its what the weather is doing a couple days away from the trip. best of luck if you are making the move after april 1st i can tell you which way i went and the results of the trip. good luck!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba n Snow View Post
Hi, I read that a few of you have made the drive from South Florida to Denver. We will be moving to Denver from Ft. Lauderdale mid March. We are considering two routes. The northern route that goes through Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri and Kansas OR the southern route through Louisiana and Texas. Can anyone compare the two routes, pros and cons? Any advice would be great, Thanks!

I've done both routes in late 2010 and early 2011. Departed from Downtown Fort Lauderdale and arrived in Denver. If I remember correctly, the google map routes that you're referring to are only like 50 or 60 miles difference between them. Here are the pros and cons from what I remember....both take about 3 full days of driving w/2 nights on the road in a hotel.

Northern Route through GA TN MO & KS - I thought this one was definitely better. Relatively easy first day to ATL 10hrs, Might be a little scary through the appalacian (sp?) mntns after ATL in a large loaded uhaul but not terrible. TN is a cool drive, go right by Nashville & Chattanooga which is pretty cool and might be a good lunch/dinner stop. MO, KS and I remember driving north through Illinois for a bit...very boring but doable. Drive right by the St. Louis Arch & Bush stadium which is very cool. More interesting drive.

Southern Route - Bama, Louisiana, Miss, Texas - boring, boring, boring. You feel like you're making progress in the southern portion as you pass through all the SEC states but then hit TX and feel like it's never going to end. This route goes through Dalles which is like a never ending city to get by. Also, difficult to see on Google maps but a large portion of the TX drive is not major highway and it's some slow isolated driving. It was cool however coming up north through the New Mexico mountains and into southern colorado. I would do the other route though.

Good luck & feel free to email or write if you have any other questions!

Last edited by DenverCOResident; 03-01-2012 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba n Snow View Post
Thanks, I didn't know that. We have a Penske 16 ft. so it shouldn't be a problem. At the moment we are only considering the weather as for which route to choose since there isn't a huge difference in distance. If there will be possible winter conditions through the north then we will go south. If it is clear north and rain to the south then we will go the northern route. But if both are good weather wise then we need to choose based on other factors. Large cities can definitely cause traffic problems, especially around rush hour, so that is good to consider too. I wonder how the roads compare?

Double check the weigh stations online...I also recently helped my sister move from Atlanta to NY and we stopped at one weigh station and were told that as a "NON COMMERCIAL" vehicle we didn't have to stop at weigh stations as we weren't transporting commerce.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Thanks so much for the information DenverCOResident. We are planning on the more northern route through Kansas but will be watching the weather for last minute changes. We leave next week and I hope those tornados won't be a problem, seems a lot of that area got hit pretty hard this week. yikes (and I was only worried about rain and snow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver