Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 04:13 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
He's the next Chuck Norris. RP
this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 04:41 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Tim Tebow is huge-I now live in Florida and I've never seen so many Bronco jersey's, hats, shirts...it makes me miss Denver even more-GO TEBOW!!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 04:58 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
I think many Tebow fans are ANNOYING. I like him and the way he plays and all, but i think hes getting more credit than he should...For example, last game against the bears i think it was..Defense was on it! And they played way better than Tim did. And do you know what happened after they won the game? "Tebow is the best person ever! I can't believe he won that game!!!"...Lick..what the F man! 1) Tebow is NOT the only person who plays for the broncos
2) He seemingly didn't do crap in that game..yet he got ALL the credit

I think its cool that hes a christian as I am one as well but come on folks..I'm sure ALOT of football players are christians and "good" people as well.

Welp..thats my rant of the day.

Last edited by Mezter; 12-15-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 05:20 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
I really don't have a problem with your statement at all except for the "Most of us, in Denver, and everywhere else do not really care about football and just give it a passing notice" part because that is completely false. In the United States, there are more people who watch football than not. So "most of us" actually do care at least a little about football, and "some of you" don't.

Also, Tebow is a big story not just because he plays football but because he also touches on the single hottest button in the history of human existence: Religion. There are lovers and haters of Tebow who have never watched a single sporting event in their lives.

I have problem with your statement as most people, all over this country, do not care about football. Yes, there are perhaps select areas of concentration of football majorities, like the child abuser protectors of State College; but overall most people, by a large majority, do not care. You want to believe and you want others to believe it--good for you.

You want to gush and drool over football with others like yourself, as you cannot never get enough of your addiction--good for you.

You posted on a non-sports forum, so you must realize that others would read your chatter and role their eyes thinking ah, another one of these...and have a good laugh.

Equating football, or any sport, and its players with religion is even more hilarious and with your other statements in doing the same is something I would expect from a rabid fanatic of football. However, you have every right to choose and select any gods or any religions you choose. Again, good for you. Most importantly, thanks for the laughs.

Livecontent

Old 12-15-2011, 05:21 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,773,995 times
Yes, most of Denver has a massive, raging collective Tebowner.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:33 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I have problem with your statement as most people, all over this country, do not care about football. Yes, there are perhaps select areas of concentration of football majorities, like the child abuser protectors of State College; but overall most people, by a large majority, do not care. You want to believe and you want others to believe it--good for you.

You want to gush and drool over football with others like yourself, as you cannot never get enough of your addiction--good for you.

You posted on a non-sports forum, so you must realize that others would read your chatter and role their eyes thinking ah, another one of these...and have a good laugh.

Equating football, or any sport, and its players with religion is even more hilarious and with your other statements in doing the same is something I would expect from a rabid fanatic of football. However, you have every right to choose and select any gods or any religions you choose. Again, good for you. Most importantly, thanks for the laughs.

Livecontent
I respectively disagree. Football is HUGE in Denver and Colorado. When the Broncos play traffic is less and stores are empty. To be honest I have lived in different cities in the nation from Orlando to San Diego and I would say Denver is more of a football town then both of those cities combined. Sure some people don't like football, and I respect that, but to say its not huge in Denver in simply not true. Just look at Mile Hi Stadium during a home Bronco game and its sold out, every game, and has been that way my entire life. As far as Tebow, as I posted, I could care less about his religion and I think most Colorado residents would agree with me on that as the only thing we care about is a Superbowl win. If he gets it he will be just as big a star as John Elway...........................

Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I respectively disagree. Football is HUGE in Denver and Colorado. When the Broncos play traffic is less and stores are empty. To be honest I have lived in different cities in the nation from Orlando to San Diego and I would say Denver is more of a football town then both of those cities combined. Sure some people don't like football, and I respect that, but to say its not huge in Denver in simply not true. Just look at Mile Hi Stadium during a home Bronco game and its sold out, every game, and has been that way my entire life. As far as Tebow, as I posted, I could care less about his religion and I think most Colorado residents would agree with me on that as the only thing we care about is a Superbowl win. If he gets it he will be just as big a star as John Elway...........................
I never said it was not "huge", which does not mean "most" or the "majority" or in anyway defines an "entire" population.

The OP stated a question:
"...I'm wondering if the entire city of Denver is actually as enamored with Tim Tebow as ESPN makes it out to be.."

I answered the question.

It is huge from your prospective; it is huge from the person in the same homogeneous herd, but it is not huge as to define the whole population of the "entire" city, or the entire region, or the entire State, as you now propose, or the entire country.

Livecontent

Old 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I never said it was not "huge", which does not mean "most" or the "majority" or in anyway defines an "entire" population.

The OP stated a question:
"...I'm wondering if the entire city of Denver is actually as enamored with Tim Tebow as ESPN makes it out to be.."

I answered the question.

It is huge from your prospective; it is huge from the person in the same homogeneous herd, but it is not huge as to define the whole population of the "entire" city, or the entire region, or the entire country.

Livecontent
I think that is splitting hairs to be honest. I am sure the OP would agree that not every single person in the Denver metro area and state loves football or Tebow. Perhaps a better way of stating it would have been by using the word most instead of entire. As you know I live in Pueblo and today there was a big article on the front page of the sports section about him and religion. The Chieftain would not have that if they did not feel it was a big story and would sell papers. So yes I agree that the entire Denver metro area is not enamored with him or the Broncos but I do think its most of the population in not only the Denver MSA but the state of Colorado.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I think that is splitting hairs to be honest. I am sure the OP would agree that not every single person in the Denver metro area and state loves football or Tebow. Perhaps a better way of stating it would have been by using the word most instead of entire. As you know I live in Pueblo and today there was a big article on the front page of the sports section about him and religion. The Chieftain would not have that if they did not feel it was a big story and would sell papers. So yes I agree that the entire Denver metro area is not enamored with him or the Broncos but I do think its most of the population in not only the Denver MSA but the state of Colorado.
Please do not give me a answer defining what a newspapers puts as a headline. Most Daily and Local Newspapers, today, are just sports papers, and very little more. Selling those trash newspapers does not define behavior as being "most".

You want to believe what you want to believe, but I find those assumptions questionable. It is certainly not true in my associated group. It may very well be true in your group. We all eventually pick our own group, or "tribe", who believe as we believe, so that we have the comforts of that like association. Perhaps it is better said, that we "herd" or "flock" together with our own.

Livecontent

Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 PM

166 posts, read 432,776 times
As a recent Michigan transplant and life-long Lions fan (i know...tough gig), I am officially having THE BEST FOOTBALL SEASON OF MY ADULT LIFE. And I'm 50! the Lions are NOT THE WORST (not something we can often say) and the Broncos are just as much fun to watch now too. I was concerned early in the season that the Lions ju-ju had followed us here... but it seems not! LOVE Tebow, he would make any Mom proud, even if he didnt play football. But I'm glad he does
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver