Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 06:15 PM

24 posts, read 106,721 times

Advertisements

Dear t.
i my previous thread i ask a question to the collective about water issues here in Denver,one member name tolife was extremely helpful on the question that i had about swimming options in the area.Unfortunately on the all important water issue i got nothing except for a useless individual whom couldn't come up with nothing better than what he posted.
I check on the site for answers by looking through past threads but didn't find much except for one witch had 8 contradictory replies.I also use google to find some clear cut answers andi found 2 recent articles from the area's newspapers but than again got a mix message.I am sorry old chum i tend to be slow but i also remember that you had the BEST answers to my annoying questions that i posted earlier this year about land lots in Denver(i owe you a steak diner for it remember)
So t. let me impose on you again with a couple straight forward questions that required straight answers:
Is there a water problem in Denver that required water rationing or restriction for personal use?.I red in a newspaper article that water restriction policies are in effect but for watering your grass(or washing your car) witch is fine by me.However since there as been a drought in the area since 04 according to NADINE i wondered if these restriction extended to cover personal home use also?(tap water,toilet use,washing machines,ect)
I understand that the state Colorado gets all of it's water from snow falls and rain ONLY, also that the Colorado river runs through part of the state but i also see on maps that the state seems to have a multitude of rivers that are streaming like blood vessels from one end of the state to the other.Therefore this suggest to me that the MAGNIFICENT state of Colorado with proper conservation methods will never be "thirsty"!! am i right or wrong old chum?
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 06:32 PM

616 posts, read 3,004,991 times
I don't know of any place other than Aurora that has had watering restrictions for the last two years. Aurora has pretty poor water rights, so they are essentially at the end of the pipe. Last year they had watering restrictions, I'm not sure if they do this summer. Since my grandmother passed away I don't get to Aurora much anymore to keep up with that. As of last year, we were officially out of the drought.

I did hear that Denver water was actually going to up their rates, since people were conserving too much water during the drought. I don't know if that ever happended or not.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,975,932 times
Hi #6,

I'm very flattered by your post, and happy to hear that you haven't forgotten about my steak dinner (with beer, I hope!)

I don't believe any of the municipalities had water restrictions of any kind this summer, due to our plentiful snow-fed water situation from last winter. However, in years past there has been restrictions, as noted the city of Aurora has implemented those in the past, and I believe that other suburbs have done so as well (the city of Fort Collins, I can verify for sure.) These restrictions mainly affect the frequency and duration of lawn-watering with sprinkler systems, but they also cover related items, like how often you can wash your car in the driveway, and that sort of thing. They generally do NOT cover things such as shower-head nozzles and low-flow toilets and other indoor items.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM

24 posts, read 106,721 times
Default thank you once again!

Dear t.,
thank you for clarifying the situation,as you can tell i am a little bit obsess with water issues because i lived for 2wks only in a SEVERE drought situation on trip to OZ with my parents when i was 10.
I have never forgotten that experience 27 years later and to think that i can't remember what happens 30min before....
Colorado is preventive in it's water policies rather than waiting for disaster to be at it's doorstep,AS LONG AS THE RESTRICTION DO NOT INVOLVE INDOOR USE ,i do not have a problem with that at all.By the way t. i'm with you with the beer along with the steaks but the other day my father took myself and my brothers to nyc at Peter Lugger steak house.We had the best porterhouses ever but the story was what we had for drinks:WINE My parents are very cultured,refine and worldly unlike their 1st born so beer unless imported and consume in some very specific situation is shun by them and my brothers.Nevertheless i had a revelation my father made us discover that nothing goes better with grilled meats(especially steaks)than any California cabernet sauvignon .I don't think i WILL ever have a steak with beer again

Also thank you to gpraceman your input is very much appreciated and informative,TOLIFE posted a link to some beach pictures of the infamous Aurora if they had a water problem it seems to have been resolve.
thank's to all again

Last edited by mdz; 09-02-2007 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Here in Castle Rock, we have water restrictions in place for lawn irrigation. Currently, we can water every third day during daylight hours only. I am not aware of any requirements for low-flow shower heads, toilets, etc. for existing houses; however, California used to offer a very nice rebate program for the purchase of energy-star appliances. We received a check for $250 when we replaced our washer and dryer with more efficient models, and as I recall, all we had to do was send a copy of the receipt to the county offices. I have no idea if Colorado offers something similar, but it's certainly worth checking out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver