Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 04:22 PM

5 posts, read 14,141 times

Advertisements

Hello. I lived in Denver for a year and moved back to Texas for medical reasons. Altough I love the city the people there were very judgemental and the women were cattty. I am considering moving back and would like feedback on the overall feel of the people Are they like californians? Or was my experience purely circumstance? Feedback appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 04:28 PM

41 posts, read 77,343 times
Californians: North or South?? Two ENTIRELY different animals.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,834,812 times
Default I have to laugh about

Denver being unfriendly.

When I moved here from the Boston area, I thought most people in Colorado (including Denver) were super friendly and outgoing.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM

Ok, it may have been circumstantial. Thanks for the feedback. As far as Californians, I guess South. Are they the pistols?
I heard they are alike by comparison. This person may be wrong. I am hoping he is.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 AM

792 posts, read 2,874,930 times
It's all relative. Compared to the PNW it feels much more conventional. Compared to the South, less overtly friendly. Compared to some parts of the Midwest, less grounded and genuine. Compared to eastern cities, less outgoing. And there is 'S CA attitude' among some people - as well as a lot of people here who moved from S CA.

Of course, these could be turned around. Nicer than the east coast cities, and more respectful. More energetic that the PNW. Way less attitude than S CA, and so on... Personally, I find the people nice and, at the same time, somewhat distant.

In the end, your feelings about a place are a combo of the place and you. If you met a lot of people in your time here, I'm not sure why you'd think your impressions of Denver, after living here for a year, would change if you moved back. And, you have some more information, since you've been back in TX. Did you like the people better when you moved back?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityChick6471 View Post
Ok, it may have been circumstantial. Thanks for the feedback. As far as Californians, I guess South. Are they the pistols?
I heard they are alike by comparison. This person may be wrong. I am hoping he is.
Well, you have to divide up Southern California. LA is a completely different monster than San Diego.

I moved here from San Diego and I found it easy to meet new friends. People are generally outgoing here.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:35 AM

The circumstances were awful the first time I was there---I think my opinion is skewed becuase of it. I desperately want to go back and hoping that it will not be repeated.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:28 PM

17 posts, read 41,779 times
Generalizations about Californians are harsh. I'm a life long SoCal resident but living in Ventura County where I am is 180 degree different from LA or Orange County. The nose in the air attitude is prevalent in Orange County, they don't say you live behind the Orange Curtain for nothing.

Ventura County where I am is pretty low key and the people are nice for the most part.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:42 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,783,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Denver being unfriendly.

When I moved here from the Boston area, I thought most people in Colorado (including Denver) were super friendly and outgoing.
Not my experience. I would say: polite, a bit aloof, reserved, but not particularly outgoing or easy to make friends.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:48 AM

I hope that you are wrong about easy to make friends---I am moving alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: