Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM

306 posts, read 436,336 times

Advertisements

I was not referring to the OP, I was referring to the person who called any landlord who had dog restrictions a butthole.

If you noticed I made a separate comment for the OP.

When someone quotes another person on here, that is who they are referring to in the subsequent post.

Comprende?

Ignore the ignorance huh?

Pot, meet Mr Kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
"Obsessed" is typically not used in a positive light, especially in these types of discussions.

There was no need for movedoften to bring it up, let alone mention researching the topic of dog obsessed people. I understand why the OP took offense.

To the OP, check Craigslist for apartment/house rentals. You can search by 'dog-friendly' only. I would be up front about the number and types of dogs. My wife and I were looking at potential rentals when we were selling our house as we thought we might build. We found several in area that would've rented to us and our 3 large dogs.

Good luck and try to ignore the ignorance on some of forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 07:35 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Love the way some posters will say something about another poster, yet say something like this in their own post.......geshhhhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
"Obsessed" is typically not used in a positive light, especially in these types of discussions.

There was no need for movedoften to bring it up, let alone mention researching the topic of dog obsessed people. I understand why the OP took offense.

To the OP, check Craigslist for apartment/house rentals. You can search by 'dog-friendly' only. I would be up front about the number and types of dogs. My wife and I were looking at potential rentals when we were selling our house as we thought we might build. We found several in area that would've rented to us and our 3 large dogs.

Good luck and try to ignore the ignorance on some of forums.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:03 AM

4 posts, read 15,671 times
Red face I understand about dog laws and landlords who don't want 5 small dogs in thier rentals.

I was asking the question not out of stupidity(I have done a lot of research about moving there with 5 small dogs) but out of wonder on how strict the city and counties are and to also see if there was anyone living in the Denver with the same issues that I have with having 5 dogs. Here in Ormond/Daytona Beach there is a 4 dog limit but yet I have had 2 landlords here that said my dogs are no problem because they checked my references. I only moved out of the first place I lived in Daytona to move up to Ormond for a bigger yard and to live in the historic district(which I like living in Daytona Beach better than Ormond) I live beachside but in Daytona I was closer to the dog friendly beach. So please understand that I know the laws and I know that there are landlords that will or won't rent to me no matter what I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there with our same issues or the dog laws strict thing. I have lived in 4 different states since our little family moved in together and understand there will be people that don't understand us but each person is different and I am sure that each kind or group of people has there own group of "haters". By the way what I will be looking for is a house not an apartment or condo and I won't live in a home owners association even if I didn't have any dogs. Thank so much to everyone.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 AM

181 posts, read 582,635 times
It doesn't make a lot of difference what a landlord thinks, because it appears to be illegal anywhere in the Denver metro area to have more than four dogs. I sympathize with you; I have three.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
Years ago, I was in the unenviable position of suddenly needing to find a rental when I had three dogs and two cats. I talked with the wonderful people at the dumb friends league. With their help, I found a place to live.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:49 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Hi OP, I don't live in Denver but this topic happened to catch my eye. Maybe you could contact animal shelters, resuce organizations and veterinary clinics to see if they can give you some suggestions for places that will allow your dogs.

I don't know if Denver has this but in some cities there are websites that will list specific apartments and rental houses that will allow pets; what breed or type and whether or not there are any restrictions. You can do an Internet search to find them.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: