Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM

13 posts, read 17,240 times

Advertisements

So we just moved here in September and we're still trying to get a feel for things but in general we really like CO and would like to start looking at neighborhoods that we would like to settle down and buy in - right now we're renting. We haven't had much time to get out yet, hoping that spring will calm down for work so we have a better chance but already we're at a standstill. My boyfriend loves the mountains, he wants to buy a house with the views and hopefully not be that far away (he'd actually prefer to be IN the mountains but I just don't think I can compromise that much), while I on the other hand would like to be close to a walkable downtown. Now I don't mean downtown as in Denver but coming from the East I'm used to walkable city centers that has everything you need, and not necessarily having to drive down the street to the closest strip mall which there seem to be a ton of around here but that's good for convenience too

We both work from home right now but in the fall I do plan on job hunting for a more traditonal job (I have a background in good ole fashion corporate America lol) so I'm hoping for a place where the commute won't be terrible to downtown Denver.

Any ideas would be great, thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 04:48 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Morrison?

Old 01-29-2012, 04:52 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times
ANY commute from outside of downtown to downtown is icky...and parking downtown sucks!

Old 01-29-2012, 04:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
ANY commute from outside of downtown to downtown is icky...and parking downtown sucks!
There's always RTD if you work regular hours.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:56 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times
You've got to be Really Tired of Driving to take the bus RTD....

Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM

Thank you guys for the quick feedback, I'm looking into Morrison now, never driven through to be honest. Luckily our housing budget is a little high so we're able to look around a good amount. Out here you've got a lot of beautiful houses with spectacular views... I just would really like to be close to that nice walkable town area. Again, I've never been to alot of these places, some of the houses I've seen online that look fabulous are in towns like Evergreen and on the other spectrum Castle Rock - what do you think?

Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Gennesee

Old 01-29-2012, 08:15 PM

625 posts, read 1,389,777 times
Golden and Boulder would have what you want, and have good bus service (Golden will soon have rail although it won't reach the downtown area). There are also places east of Green Mountain that would put you close to Golden (but not walking distance). Boulder county offers some nice little towns (louisville, lafayette) with historic cores that are more plains and hills than mountains, but have good views and open space nearby.

Olde Town Arvada area may be a good fit - a bit sleepy but with light rail coming in 2016, the downtown is really picking up. While not close to mountains, there are views from Old Town and if you get a house near the ridge (west of Old Town along Grandview Ave.) you'd have some nice views.

Littleton also has an old town area, and rail to downtown. Again, not mountain living but you'd be close to mountain and river amenities.

Castle Rock maybe.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:50 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,999,886 times
Evergreen also, know a few people who commute from there to downtown, doesn't seem too bad

Old 01-29-2012, 09:16 PM

Wow, thanks for great advice - can't wait to take a drive and check out some of these places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver