Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 02:43 PM

102 posts, read 173,296 times

Advertisements

Thinking of relocating from the Bay Area. I would appreciate suggestions on non-suburban areas that are safe, clean, quiet. Must be centrally located (close proximity to grocery, pharmacy, barber, post office, restaurants, coffee, movies, library, hospital/medical offices, etc.--preferably some or all of the above within walking distance). On or near frequent, reliable public transit. Within reason, area and apt. trumps rent. Easy access to parks or green spaces would be a nice plus.

Interested in studio or one-bedroom apartments (desire well maintained older buildings, not high-rises), maximum $900/mo. if possible. Please be as specific as possible regarding neighborhoods and apartment locations as I am not very familiar with the city's layout. Any recommendations for reputable property management companies (is that an oxymoron?) also welcome. Not looking for a youth-only district, but mixed age (I'm a young 65) is fine.

I am very politically/socially progressive, physically active (hiking, running, birding), follow a green, vegan and animal-friendly lifestyle.

Any additional information about quality of life (cultural and recreational opportunities (events, facilities), civic organization participation/volunteering or anything else of interest or importance to a newcomer would be very useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 02:51 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Step One

Surf to Denver Maps - Downloadable Maps (City-wide) and download the Neighborhoods map.
That way, when someone says: "Harvey Park", you can get an idea where the neighborhood is.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:53 PM

Thanks, Dave. A good first step.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:57 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Sounds like you want to be in-town, and IMO all the things you seek can be found in several neighborhoods; to name a few there's LoDo, Wash Park, CIty Park, Cheesman Park, Capital Hill, Highlands (not Highlands Ranch), Arvada and several others that the Denver folks can tell you about, or use our search tool to explore existing threads.

To see rentals, use padmapper.com but read the warnings for any Craigslist ads.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:18 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
@Ron,
The weather in Denver is MUCH better than Rochester. I have lived in that part of the planet and know what Lake Ontario winters are like.
We get way more sunshine than Portland.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM

152 posts, read 323,482 times
Someone on yelp said aurora is like san Jose, I just went there yesterday for the first time. I kinda agree, I was from Santa Clara

Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 AM

Thanks again, Dave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver