Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 PM

13 posts, read 39,734 times

Advertisements

Hello All. Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I have arrived and thought it only justice to respond to all of the people who have helped me tremendously with my findings in hopes that another in my position will find this helpful.

I accepted the job in the DTC and am now staying in the Promenade Place in the DTC. We looked at many apartment complexes in the area, but I knew that I wanted to be close to work so we were mainly in the DTC area. There are a lot of great places in the area, and the general "you get what you pay for" rule of thumb seemed to apply for most places. It all depends on what's important to you. For instance, for us, it was nice amenities, covered parking, and location. We were a little more flexible on cost because it's just two of us and we're okay with a small place. We also looked at Presidio, Broadstone Vesta, and the place right across from Presidio (it was our second choice) I just can't think of the name. All of the places were nice in their own way. I have only been here two weeks but I love the area, I have an easy commute, and so far I like the complex.

The mountains are beautiful and people seem to be very nice overall. We will be renting for at least a year before we decide what our final plans will be. I'm glad we went with this plan because there are so many places out here that offer different pros and cons. I would suggest renting to anybody who would be in a similar situation as I was.

Next step will be looking for places to buy. If and when this happens I'm sure I will tap this source again. Until then, thanks for all of your help everyone! and we'll talk soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,169 times
thanks so much for the update- so many people come here for advice and never check back in with the result.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM

13 posts, read 39,734 times
No worries, thought that'd be the case. Since I can't give much help to anyone else seeing as how new I am... Thought it was the least I could do as a thank you. Until next time...

Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,127 times
Default Thanks for the update!

JohnPaul, I'm facing the same move and reading your thread was extremly helpful.

I will be moving to Denver in late June and working in the DTC area as well. I have some of the same apartments on my list to visit while I'm there over the next week. Can you remember your second choice apartment across from the presidio I believe?

Now that you've moved in, what are your likes and dislikes about the area?

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver