Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 04:50 PM

47 posts, read 247,130 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm pretty new to Denver, so can you tell me: are there specialty baking supply stores anywhere in Denver? Bonus if they're in/near Capitol Hill. I'm thinking of something like The Cupboard in Fort Collins--I'm not a pro, just someone who loves specialty ingredients and kitchen gadgets. Specialty cooking supply stores would also be acceptable.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default You won't like the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbomb View Post
specialty baking supply stores anywhere in Denver?
We used to have them.
Driven out of business by:
Bed, Bath & Beyond
Williams Sonoma
Le Creuset

But, we have Savory Spice which has every spice known to the gods and man.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
There are plenty of overpriced hobby baking stores in Denver. Many products are available from Hobby Lobby and small stores such as Cake Crafts - Class Schedule

Unfortunately, large wholesale baking supply are not open to the public. Of course, what would you do with a 100 lb. bag of pastry flour?

My favorite wholesale restaurant supply store is open to the public.
http://www.standardrestaurant.com/ec...5339FC857226D7

They do have stores in the area
Contact Us - Standard Restaurant Supply

As you can see, there is a store on North Federal which actually is in unincorporated Adams County, just south of Westminster and there is one on Oak, just South of Colfax in Lakewood.

They carry a large inventory of supplies and you can buy individual units. There is shelf staple food service supplies for baking. I never saw any refrigerated products displayed at the store on Federal where I go but perhaps at other stores or just for delivery. It is worth the trip because they carry professional quality equipment, and not so professional, at reduced prices vs. buying the overpriced kitchen gadgets at those fancy gourmet kitchen stores that cater to the idle rich.

I would suggest going there. It is quite an experience as the store displays are big and expansive. It is very comfortable experience and you can spend hours browsing. You will be surprised at the types of products that are available.

There is another large equipment supplier on North Washington, just past the City Line. I have not been there for years.
http://www.restaurantsource.com/ Name has changed but it is the same building. I remember their selection of equipment was extensive. I do not know if they are open to the public.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 02-20-2012 at 10:23 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 12:59 PM

410 posts, read 1,293,429 times
I'm assuming you already know about Sur La Table.. I've seen some specialty baking stuff there. But Cake Crafts has a lot of supplies for bakers along with decorations, etc

Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM

47 posts, read 247,130 times
Ooh, thank you. davebarnes, Savory Spice looks amazing! That's definitely on my list of places to go.

livecontent, thanks for the list of restaurant supply stores! I've been meaning to check out one of those for awhile.

azcater, Cake Crafts sounds right up my alley. I didn't realize that there's a Sur la Table here--although I like to support small businesses when possible. Still, it's good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver