Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 12:31 AM

12 posts, read 17,430 times

Advertisements

So I've been perusing through this forum for the last couple of days and have found some great info! But I have a kind of unique situation. I am 23 year old college student, I have two horses and two cats and I support all of us by serving tables at mid/upscale steak house. The plan is to pack up the car with everything I can fit and hire a hauler to transport the horses and move us all to Denver in Juneish of this year.

With that said there are some obvious holes in my plan. Like where will i live?! I would really like to be in downtown if at all possible and not get stuck in "suburbia hell" However, I'm on a tight budget obviously. Last year I made roughly 30k in Medford, Oregon and I think that's a realistic figure for Denver too from what I've read so far. I have to pay for horse boarding for two, which looks like around 500 per month. That severely cuts into my rent budget! Looks like $600ish is going to be the max I can afford, as I also have cell phone, car payment school loans yada yada.

So my questions are:
Cheap but not trashy studio/1 bedrooms that cat friendly--do they exist in the downtown area? Any particular places to avoid? Any tips on picking a place?

I'm not too worried about this one, but how difficult is it to find jobs in the restaurant industry?

Any recommendations for horse boarding that sticks to my 500 for two, must include hay/partial care and be within 30-45 minutes of downtown (hopefully)

Any resources other than craigslist?

Also I am not opposed to roommates, I'm just finding the craigslist roomy search to be a little to sketch.

I have a "fair" amount of money set aside for moving expenses and roughly 3 months of rent/bills, so there's not as much pressure to find a job right away. I do plan to start looking immediately. I'm not too worried about school right now as I can't afford to go until I gain residency, so that's on the back burner for now. With that being said how much do You think would be enough for a move like this? I've been quoted roughly 1200 for the horse haulers.

ps. thanks for reading my novel....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 04:26 PM

12 posts, read 17,430 times
Ok I will try to be more specific with my questions....

index_new <---website for "Classic Properties of Denver"
and specifically "The Dalton" 1235 E. 12th Avenue and "El Cortez" 608 East 12th Avenue
and well any of their studios <650

I did the basic google search and came up with a little info on the Dalton, about 3 people loved it no one hated it and no bed bugs.. off to a good start at least. Care to add a little more insight?

And what about these horse boarding facilities?
Horse boarding (http://denver.craigslist.org/grd/2931540806.html - broken link)
Welcome to Wanabe Ranch *II * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * &nbsp - base camp
Welcome to Triple D Ranch, Watkins, Denver Area CO, Horse Boarding Training Equine Stable
What I need in a boarding facility is safety, reliability and professionalism. I don't really care about a discipline specific barn just a safe comfortable place for my girls.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:03 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Lots of horse boarding on Indiana Street near 70th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: