U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 PM

75 posts, read 276,042 times

Advertisements

I am borrowing the thread title/idea from another website forum in another state but wanted to get this going in Denver since we will be relocating there within 12 months. Someone started a thread in my neck of the woods listing contractors in different areas of expertise that they had worked with and recommend. I would like to get that going because I think everyone knows a good plumber, handyman, mechanic, roofer etc or could use one. Since Denver is so large in land space, I would think everyone could benefit from the experience of the user base here. Hopefully a few of you can get this thread going and if it gets enough legs, get it pinned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 AM

410 posts, read 1,214,158 times
Plumbing- Rooter Guy

Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 AM

Thanks for getting this started:

Category: Plumbing
Name: Rooter Guy
Coverage Area: ?
Rooter Guy - Commerce City, CO, 80022 - Citysearch

Other Categories that would be great per the recommendations of other users in this forum:

Roofer
Electrician
Landscape
Drywall/Interior Construction (Im posting this for anyone with unfinished basements)
Countertop Fabricator (any links to slab yards, quartz or other places)
Mechanic (sub category would be make by make of car)
Painter (internal, external)
Home Theatre (because hiring best buys finest isnt a solution)
Millwork (Crown molding, framing etc)

Also, not sure if a wholesale cabinet warehouse exists in Denver for kitchen/bath/ laundry room cabinets but those are great finds.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:02 PM

245 posts, read 661,455 times
If you own German cars (BMW, Audi, VW), Autosport Werks in Broomfield are pretty good. I had my car in for coolant leak recently. They gave me a ride to&from work (Louisville) as well. They specialize in German makes and literally will tell you that they are not the best place to go if it is not something that they do not specialize in ... Now, that is a sign of professionalism IMO.

I ended up going to a dealer to perform the repair since it was under warranty and had a very nice experience with North Valley VW in Westminster/Thornton. Since I was traveling, they even agreed to keep the car with them for a week and gave me a ride to&from the dealership to the nearest Skyride stop. When I got the car, the problem was fixed, car was washed as well. Great counter staff and very pleasant experience - Would highly recommend them.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:30 PM

Car Repair- Affordable Lexus Toyota Repair near Golden, highly recommend

Old 04-24-2012, 04:32 PM

countertops- Granite World of Colorado

Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 AM

9,348 posts, read 6,345,629 times
What a great idea for a thread. Would love to keep this thing going.

Fencing - D&B Fence Company of Parker. This guy did a GREAT job, and he beat out the other quotes we had by damn near $1,000. Several people on my street liked the look of our fence so much that they ended up using him as well.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM

4,308 posts, read 12,624,572 times
I would love to recommend the guys who tiled my bathroom floor but they are in Lafayette so probably not of any help to you

Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
I would love to recommend the guys who tiled my bathroom floor but they are in Lafayette so probably not of any help to you

Go ahead and post their info. You never know where their service area is and they may have recommendations in the event that they dont service the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver