Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 05:20 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times

Advertisements

So, my brother in law is in town this weekend and pointed out an interest in seeing the chalk art festival. . .hell I didn't even know such a thing existed.

As longer time residents, whats your favorite festival? Where is it located? what can I not miss

I know there is a brew fest. . .Personally, anything food is right up my alley (and booze). Art would be cool too. . .

I'll start off with the before mentioned Chalk

Denver Chalk Festival at Latimere Square June 2-3 (sounds interesting, but i've never been)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
So, my brother in law is in town this weekend and pointed out an interest in seeing the chalk art festival. . .hell I didn't even know such a thing existed.

As longer time residents, whats your favorite festival? Where is it located? what can I not miss
The big one. The Taste of Colorado in Civic Center Park on Labor Day Weekend.

A Taste of Colorado - Community Festival, Free Admission, Labor Day Weekend, Downtown Denver, Civic Center Park

The #2 must see I think would be the Parade of Lights in Downtown Denver.

Denver Parade of Lights

Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Yeah, Taste of CO is the best!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 PM

Here is the One I wanted to attend (have not been)

Great American Beer Festival Great American Beer Festival Oct 11-13

Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Another is the Capitol Hill People's Fair

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1137672864

Old 05-31-2012, 05:08 PM

459 posts, read 807,646 times
Almost never miss:
Five Points Jazz Festival
Underground Music Showcase
Westword Music Showcase
Cinco de Mayo at Civic Center (usually results in an even bigger hang over than GABF).
Oktoberfest became worth going to once they moved it away from Larimer Square.

Try to get to but have missed occasionally:
GABF is good but it used to be better. It suffers from the "no one goes there anymore it's too crowded" problem.
Taste of Colorado was good back when it actually provided a taste of colorado. Now it only has a few good local restaurants and the standard festival food. It's still good for people watching if you are in the area but if you expect good food restaurant week is a better bet.
Dragon Boat Festival can be fun but it can also be way too crowded or dead depending on the weather.

Not really in Denver but went to in college years ago and were pretty fun:
Frozen Dead guy Days in Nederland
Kinetics in Boulder (moved to Longmont not sure if it's still as good)

Old 06-02-2012, 11:21 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,687,956 times
I'm new here as well--we're definitely checking out the chalk festival since we live right down the street!

One thing that's sort of got me disappointed is the entry fees to some of the upcoming festivals. I saw an ad for the Colorado Urban Wine Fest--it's over $50/person! Paying over $100 for my husband and I to check out a festival is a bit steep IMO.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:41 PM

55 posts, read 182,644 times
After seeing this thread, I went to the chalk art festival for the first time and it was awesome. Keep the suggestions coming!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 AM

521 posts, read 859,960 times
Wow. No Cherry Creek Art Festival mention so far? I find it to be far superior to Taste.

ToC is just so expensive and crowded; I've always felt grossed out eating food elbow to elbow with all those people. Could say more about me than Taste though. We still go because the wife enjoys it even though we visit the same booths over and over every year. I just can't get over how expensive it is. You can go through $40 in tickets in the blink of an eye just getting tastes of stuff. Beer? It's the equivalent of like $8!! I kid you not.

If you like small "town" festivals, Westminster is holding our Art, Food, and Music Festival this Saturday at 72nd and Lowell (Historic District).

Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM

The Chalk festival was pretty cool.

Cherry Creek Art Festival - July 5th, 6th, and 7th. Their website directions SUCK big time, but I assume you go downtown Cherry Creek and you find it. I'm going to put it on my cal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver