Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:47 PM

9 posts, read 23,630 times

Advertisements

Here is an example of TransUnion's Triple Agency Credit Score & Analysis page. This is similar to the page that was presented to Xtreme, and their only response was that the score shown was an "analysis" and that the actual score was 160+ points less. It VERY clearly says "YOUR CREDIT SCORE" and below that there are graphs that show an analysis of where you stand. This was unclear to the Xtreme, and when presented with this evidence, their only response was to try and make it seem like we had falsified something. Very strange, and very unprofessional, in our humble opinion.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 09:35 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
It isnt right, but guess what? They wont do anything about it. I had a client Trans Union claimed was dead, but when the client called to contest it they said you have to go through a 3-4 month process. Basically told a 19 year old girl they didnt believe here without extensive proof she was not guilty of identity fraud. Go ahead and sue all you want, you dont think they have come up with some iron clad procedures to make it tough to change? After all they will just say whats to stop someone with a real 600 score from raising hell and getting it changed? Sucks to have it happen, but really all you can do is work with them to correct any errors. It cant be done in a day or two though.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 PM

9 posts, read 23,630 times
Yeah, unfortunately the score we got, although not great, was significantly higher than the minimum to get into that particular house. The score that the screening company had was completely wrong, but of course nobody will do anything about that. The sad thing is that any attempt at regulating credit reporting agencies or credit card companies results in retaliation on the part of those companies. I find it amazing that they are very quick to put negative things on your credit report, yet it takes 3-4 months to have something incorrect taken off. We are at the mercy of these companies, and they are CROOKED.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,375 times
Without diving too deep into this mess, I do want to point out that the credit score shown is NOT your FICO credit score. FICO (which is the "standard") ranges from 300 to 850, these scores, which appear to be VantageScores are not calculated the same way range from 501 to 990.

Without bothering to do the math to convert one range to another (partially because I am feeling lazy, but mostly because they are calculated differently and are NOT convertible), the simple fact that it is skewed 200 points higher means that a score as shown above is NOT as good as a FICO in the 734-761 range. It is very possible that a 734 VantageScore equates to a 570 FICO and therefore the report you did not qualify.

It is possible to get a FICO from just one source (TransUnion in this case) and to have it reported as your "TransUnion Score" which SOUNDS like what happened here, but it is still comparing apples and oranges.

I am truly sorry for the difficulties you have had and I hope the place you found works out and you enjoy Denver.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Knowledge is power

FREE.
It helps you track your credit scores: TransRisk, Auto Insurance Score, VantageScore.
Not perfect, but does help see changes and attempts to tell you why the changes occurred.

My credit union (don't know about yours) provides my FICO score every month for free.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applekat View Post
Greetings...we are relocating to Denver from Austin, and filled out an application for a townhouse in Highlands Ranch. The agent is using Xtreme Tenant Screening, and we were rejected because they told the landlord that my fiancee's credit score was "below 600." In fact, they told him that it was 570. We knew that was incorrect, so we pulled a triple agency credit score from TransUnion (the SAME company they claimed to have used) and we got a 734 score. Still not perfect, but good considering the fact that he went through a nasty divorce and his ex-wife had a lot of debt. Everything on his credit has been perfect since the divorce, so a 734 is improving and fine with us. But still WELL ABOVE the 600 cutoff that Xtreme Screening has presented to the landlord.

We are now in a situation where we don't have a place to live because of the information provided to the landlord by Xtreme Tenant Screening. I talked to the screening company, and their only explanation is that our number is WRONG. But I pulled it from TransUnion's site, and it's also consistent with the scores from the two other agencies (747 and 761). They have told me to have TransUnion call them, which TransUnion won't do.

This FEELS discriminatory, and our rejection is based on wrong information. We emailed the agent and landlord to explain the situation to them, even offering my father as a cosigner. But since Xtreme Screening is telling them that my fiancee's score is almost 200 points lower than what we pulled, we are probably out of luck.

Does anyone know an agency besides the attorney general's office that we can take this up with? This is not fair!

Hi it's Laura, The owner of Xtreme. Most people out there know that The Major Credit Bureaus make up the credit scores using different modeling factors not the credit reporting agencies, we report what were given. We reported what we were given by Transunion at the time you applied for a rental which was a totally different score. What you don't understand is that these scores vary depending on what type of credit your applying for and also if your a consumer ordering a copy of your own credit report and your were told this by Transunion. We DO NOT have the capability to make up a credit score and I don't think we'd be in after 11 years if we went around doing this to people. I don't appreciate you trashing the name of my business. I believe if you've read below where people have mentioned that the scrores vary. You're right I do have an A+ rating with the BBB because my company is reputable and has been for many years. I asked for arbitration, what happened? Get over it or file. It's been a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver