Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM

6 posts, read 9,137 times

Advertisements

Hi all.
My boyfriend and I are interested in moving to Denver mid Oct. looking for leasing realtor suggestions and recommendations on general fun areas to live. Walking distance to local restaurants/bars/grocery stores/etc. would be a bonus. Preferably not college areas. Ideal living would include washer/dryer and at least 1 covered parking space. Being so far away we are open and thankful for any suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Why do people not do research?

You need to spend at least 5 hours reading older posts on this forum before posting.
Your post needs to provide more details about your requirements.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:32 PM

Default Florida

The humidity is getting old. Nothing yo do but the beach. We're looking to shake things up and move somewhere where we can hike, ski, walk everywhere, bike etc. we've only been here for a few days and have spent almost all of those days outdoors. Not an option in So Fla in the summer!!!

Where are you thinking of moving and why?

Thanks for the driving tip! I've heard about the red light disregard and will definitely need to practice my snow driving before I hit up the main roads

Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 PM

Default Why even reply??

Dave

Unfortunately I do not have 5 hours to research. I have a job!! I spent most "research" off the forum. This was just an added helpful tool to check out

But thanks for the helpful input

Old 07-31-2012, 01:58 PM

739 posts, read 2,948,837 times
Price willing to spend?
what are you doing for work?

without answering the 2 above we cant really help you with anything.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:19 PM

48 posts, read 101,959 times
If you have already done some other research, then you will probably recognize some of the recommended neighborhoods below; they will all be good for young, active people, looking for a more sustainable area to live in. All access the metro area pretty well by car, light rail, bus, bike path, walk.

The Highlands, Cap Hill, Wash Park, Sunnyside, Berkeley, City Park West, LoDo. Various rents and housing types in each of those neighborhoods; apartments, single family, multi-family, condo, etc, etc. Average price for 1br in those places will be around $1200. Good Luck.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 AM

352 posts, read 713,279 times
Sure you have time to do some research on your own. For starters, check out these threads:

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=38283128

Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 PM

For work...I have no idea yet. Have experience in office management for a small co. So I do accts rec/payable, scheduling, budgeting, event coordination, income projections, taxes, etc. my boyfriend has a job where he travels mon-fri so he can live anywhere.

Looking to spend $1200ish. Main areas we've seen are in Lodo, lohi, and ballpark area. All we liked and were waiting on availability updates. most apts are on 30 day notices. Thanks everyone!!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,797 times
Default Just did that.

My girlfriend and I just moved here from Orlando in July. We got a 1 bedroom place in Capitol Hill. It is amazing. We moved for the exact same reasons. I have only had to use my car to take trips into the mountains.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:08 PM

59 posts, read 119,153 times
Old Town Arvada to start out. I was there 3.5 yrs conveinent to everything. Good Night life, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: