Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you rate DT Denver for a city of about 2.6 million?
1 (Absoulutely Terrible) 4 4.65%
2 2 2.33%
3 2 2.33%
4 2 2.33%
5 (Ok) 5 5.81%
6 6 6.98%
7 21 24.42%
8 26 30.23%
9 13 15.12%
10 (Absolutely Amazing) 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
There are a few homeless people in the downtown area, but they're still just people.
yes yes, they are people. Yet they usually don't smell good, badger you for money, and don't dress very nicley. Hence they are a negative to the Denver downtown rating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 12:32 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
yes yes, they are people. Yet they usually don't smell good, badger you for money, and don't dress very nicley. Hence they are a negative to the Denver downtown rating.
I do agree. But most of the time, they're harmless.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:50 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
Although I used to live in RiverFront Park, used to sell lofts ect. and looking at my moniker one might think I spend an enormous amount of time in downtown Denver. Truth is today I rarely visit, but was down there for the first time in over a year last week..pretty damn cool I must say. That said there is a large homeless population many of no fault of their own. I remember several years back trying to put together a deal at One RiverFfront Park and this drunken homeless guy came up and bothered my client and I..the only real difference between myself and that man was that I was wearing a suit. Not known for being a master in compassion, but thinking back I could learn a lesson from that experience. Some people just have it harder than those of us living in comfort. Perhaps compassion isn't fools gold..need to remind myself of this sometimes.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,824 times
New York- 10
San Francisco - 10
San Diego - 9
Austin -8
Pittsburgh - 7
Boston - 7
Chicago -6
Miineapolis -5
New Orleans -4
Denver - 2

Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin2nyc View Post
New York- 10
San Francisco - 10
San Diego - 9
Austin -8
Pittsburgh - 7
Boston - 7
Chicago -6
Miineapolis -5
New Orleans -4
Denver - 2
San Diego,Austin,Pittsburgh,Boston over Chicago and a few of those over Denver. I'm no super fan of the urban environment but this is just insane. New York,Chicago..sort at the rest at best.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 PM

I might as well do it on this forum and do not wish to create an entirely different indivividual thread. For those of you that know me in person which is about 15-20 people,you know me well and that I have gone completely off balance.
I do and have had a serious drug/alcohol problem...no longer want to detract from this or other area threads as a result of this issue. Thank you for being forgiving and letting me rant on Mike and other moderators. However I must do what many have done before me and get CLEAN and SOBER.For those sufferening from addiction: I hear there is a way out..been to all the high priced rehabs around the country...today hopefully is true long lasting sobriety. For those of you I have offended in person or on line..I can honestly say I am sorry. At the very least for those who suffer this disease..and you know your own hearts..stop takingthe wrecking ball to your own lives. Have a feeling I will be returning to Boulder after I finally do what is needed..can barely type as usual after way too many..please leave this post as a VISUAL WARNING to those who are needlessly sufferning. Yes I will probably look at this post and feel like who the hell wrote that...but maybe this is the post that changes someone elses lives..seeing darkness in black and white..sorry for being such a jackass, douche bag what ever..I get it. This is a great forum full of fantastic people carry on..In keeping with this thread check out Pizza Colore on 17th or Cafe Colore andCrepes'n Crepes : the French Creperie or 1515 in LODO didn't include their website..will probably cringe reading this after getting sober kind of like drinking and dialingfor the last six months,,makes your head hurt just thinking about it. To my friends in Boulderr,Denver,Newport/Laguna..these last drinks are for you..goodbye..scott..refuse to edit like always these days.

Nothing like a serious car crash..you just have to watch..sure I willlive to regret this but at least I will continue to live...all the best ssss

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-22-2012 at 04:24 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM

352 posts, read 713,527 times
Jeez, Scott5280, I never had an addiction or drinking problem so I just cannot relate to what you're going through. I do need to go to the gym and lift weights, maybe that's sort of the same. My alcoholic friends call me a "normy" who can actually say "well, I've had one beer, time to stop" while they just cannot stop, for whatever biological reason. So, through the help of AA, they don't drink ever.

If you could just convince yourself to get clean and sober maybe you would, I guess, what do I know. But you know you have to, what's to stop you except yourself? Now I see what you meant when you said the only difference between you and the homeless guy (who was probably an alcoholic) was your suit. Me, I look at them and the differences between me and them are enormous and numerous. Get help and get help now.

And, FWIW, I went to Manitou Springs High School. Did you and do I know you from back in the day?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
Jeez, Scott5280, I never had an addiction or drinking problem so I just cannot relate to what you're going through. I do need to go to the gym and lift weights, maybe that's sort of the same. My alcoholic friends call me a "normy" who can actually say "well, I've had one beer, time to stop" while they just cannot stop, for whatever biological reason. So, through the help of AA, they don't drink ever.

If you could just convince yourself to get clean and sober maybe you would, I guess, what do I know. But you know you have to, what's to stop you except yourself? Now I see what you meant when you said the only difference between you and the homeless guy (who was probably an alcoholic) was your suit. Me, I look at them and the differences between me and them are enormous and numerous. Get help and get help now.

And, FWIW, I went to Manitou Springs High School. Did you and do I know you from back in the day?
I have invested in recent years in Manitou and own a small four plex in the area, other than that I was stationed at Fort Carson from 86-88 but did little in the way of travel West in town short of some eves. at Meadow Muffins in Co. City during that time. I spend a fair amount of time there now but actually grew up in Boulder and later Ken Caryl Valley Littleton. Really love Manitou and CS area in general,but actually spent little if anytime there again until the last few years.Who knows though about those five degrees of seperation..perhaps our paths have crossed.

I am in fact cringing at that earlier alcohol related post, but thanks for the shout out..kicking and screaming my way to an AA meeting sometime within the next 24 hours. Can't believe I have been this candid as of the last few mos. on this site but what the heck..enough is enough aparently..ALL the best to you.. sorry out of rep points for you.Do some extra reps for me at the gym. scott

Just another reason kids not to drink and drug or you too might one day continue to publically humiliate yourself on various forms of social media.

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-23-2012 at 02:02 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Default Downtown(s)

Hmm, I could also throw in Coal City, In on there.. .and it woudln't do very well

Denver is 23rd in population. Most of the cities you noted are bigger.

With that being said I would seperate the list

Ratings for downtown to visit
San Francisco - 10
San Diego - 9
Austin -8
Pittsburgh - 4
Boston - 9
Chicago - 8
Miineapolis -3
New Orleans -8
Denver - 5

Ratings for downtown to live

San Francisco - 2
San Diego - 4
Austin -6
Pittsburgh - 6
Boston - 6
Chicago -8
Miineapolis -9
New Orleans - *negative 10
Denver - 7

Seriously, my sister in law is moving to Denver from San Fran. . .because they really can't make ends meet in San Fran (and she is a neurologist). F' that noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin2nyc View Post
New York- 10
San Francisco - 10
San Diego - 9
Austin -8
Pittsburgh - 7
Boston - 7
Chicago -6
Miineapolis -5
New Orleans -4
Denver - 2

Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I might as well do it on this forum and do not wish to create an entirely different indivividual thread. For those of you that know me in person which is about 15-20 people,you know me well and that I have gone completely off balance.
I do and have had a serious drug/alcohol problem...no longer want to detract from this or other area threads as a result of this issue. Thank you for being forgiving and letting me rant on Mike and other moderators. However I must do what many have done before me and get CLEAN and SOBER.For those sufferening from addiction: I hear there is a way out..been to all the high priced rehabs around the country...today hopefully is true long lasting sobriety. For those of you I have offended in person or on line..I can honestly say I am sorry. At the very least for those who suffer this disease..and you know your own hearts..stop takingthe wrecking ball to your own lives. Have a feeling I will be returning to Boulder after I finally do what is needed..can barely type as usual after way too many..please leave this post as a VISUAL WARNING to those who are needlessly sufferning. Yes I will probably look at this post and feel like who the hell wrote that...but maybe this is the post that changes someone elses lives..seeing darkness in black and white..sorry for being such a jackass, douche bag what ever..I get it. This is a great forum full of fantastic people carry on..In keeping with this thread check out Pizza Colore on 17th or Cafe Colore andCrepes'n Crepes : the French Creperie or 1515 in LODO didn't include their website..will probably cringe reading this after getting sober kind of like drinking and dialingfor the last six months,,makes your head hurt just thinking about it. To my friends in Boulderr,Denver,Newport/Laguna..these last drinks are for you..goodbye..scott..refuse to edit like always these days.

Nothing like a serious car crash..you just have to watch..sure I willlive to regret this but at least I will continue to live...all the best ssss
All the best to you, Scott! I know how powerful addiction can be. Stay on the road to sobriety and I truly believe you will see how much better life can be without being a slave to the next high. Sending good vibes your way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver