Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:12 AM

95 posts, read 290,643 times

Advertisements

In terms of the north side i always say you can't go wrong living with anywhere north of 104th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 AM

15 posts, read 35,362 times
I would check out Heritage Hills in Lone Tree. It is a gated (secure) neighborhood of newer semi-custom and custom built single family dwellings located on .25 to .5 acre sites. There are homes definately within your budget here. It is located just off of I-25 and Lincoln E. Lincoln Avenue (west of I-25). In my opinion, one of the best locations in south metro Denver. It is located just off I-25, near Denver Light Rail, everything is newer (homes, shopping, commercial), and it is near some of the best shopping including Park Meadows Mall and IKEA.

Castle Pines and Castle Pines Village are also nice areas to visit in Castle Rock, just off I-25. A gated community with nice semi-custom and custom built single family dwellings.

Cherry Hills Village and Greenwood Village will put you well over $1 million for a newer age home.

Cheers.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatterbot View Post
Regarding job location: right now I'm self-employed - but those things can shift, so I'd like to preserve my options by not buying something out in the countyside.

Look in Greenwood village, You can get a decent sized yard, close to DTC and Downtown. I just bought a house there but they are older and I am in the middle of gutting it. But I have a big backyard, with apple trees, apricot trees and grape vines, so much room for my kids to play in.l. It seems really safe and it's quiet. So far I am loving it.

The inventory is really low and it's competitive, I lost two homes by being outbid. So I just contacted the HOA of the subdivision I liked and asked them if they knew of anyone selling their home soon and if they could contact me and they did. That's how I got my house, I don't think the agent even bothered putting it on the MLS.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:30 AM

17,704 posts, read 29,791,770 times
Default Excellent advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
... I just contacted the HOA of the subdivision I liked and asked them if they knew of anyone selling their home soon and if they could contact me and they did. That's how I got my house, I don't think the agent even bothered putting it on the MLS.
Smart move. Great advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver