Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM

20,386 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

I think there is a niche for AFW and they fill it well. The one down here in Colorado Springs has, as has been said, vast selection in many styles, reasonable prices and good sales. It beats many alternatives. We have a ridiculous place here where the woman talked in a very fake British accent and they had ugly old fashioned massive furniture that cost many times what I'd pay for any such item. Then you've got antique stores with really fine stuff that has stood the test of time...again, expect to pay. You can get something like the aforementioned Ethan Allen cost-of-a-used-car stuff. Or you could go the other direction and browse the limited selection and horrible quality of a place like say, Walmart. You'll pay less and get less, enjoy your particle-board.

I've bought from AFW, I have minor complaints about say, long bolts that won't tighten down all the way and wind up stripping out, or sharp corners that had to be sanded and re-touched (on a bedframe w/underdrawers) but also got 2 mattresses that were good. Love browsing there. It's simply not the worst or the best, the world needs something in between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,029 times
Wow that was a lot of reading and I am not so sure if I understood everything correctly, but what I think I read was that you used furniture for a certian amount of time and even melted a cushion and you wanted to be able to get new stuff for free. The company actually gave you more furniture and all you had to pay was a delivery charge? I'm not seeing the problem here. Maybe I missed something.

I bought furniture from American Furniture Warehouse and have used it and yes, its looking a bit rugged, but what can I expect? My brother comes over on the weekends and doesn't move from the couch the whole weekend with playing video games, watching movies, and sleeping on it. I am actually surprised with how well its holding up. Maybe its not the furniture you bought but the use its getting; I don't know, but what I do know is that I have been looking at that couch for a long time thinking I'd like to make a change, and if I do I will be going back to American Furniture Warehouse because they have a huge selection and amazing prices. I have lived in Colorado my whole life and American has been here the entire time. I just don't see how they can be around for so long and not have good customer service.

On a side note.... did your TV lean because what it was sitting on was not level or was it your floor? Not all floors are created equal and over time foundations shift ...

Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,027 times
I have furnished my whole house with furniture from American, and I have to say that I have no complaints whatsoever. When I bought my leather sofa and chair about 7 years ago, i noticed a small tear in the arm seam of the chair and called customer service. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and she scheduled a technician to come out to repair in two days! The technician came out and when he was finished, it looked better than new. After 7 years and many thousands of dollars in furniture, I love the way my home looks and I will definitely shop there again when I'm ready to buy something new. The prices are better at American than any other store in Colorado. People nowadays are not looking for heirloom quality furniture that will last forever. People now are looking for attractive furniture at a great price that they can replace, when their tastes change, in about 5 years and not break the bank.

So, to read all of your rants, I have to think that it's not the store that's at fault here. You seem to have some very high, unreasonable expectations. Have you purchased from any other furniture store? Do you think THEY will let you choose your time frame? Do you think THEY will take back furniture that is obviously abused?

Old 02-07-2013, 04:52 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,861 times
I've always had good experience at AFW, I still have a couch from there that is 10 years old and in perfect condition. Not to metion the customer service and prices that are awesome. It may not be as "hip" or "shnazzy" (what this means?) as other stores but it's a great value.

IKEA is definitely not worthy of the fame or notoriety it get's. The stuff there can be bought anywhere else for a similar price, and without the screaming children, and passed out hippies littering the sales floor of every IKEA. I'll admit the stuff they sell is nice but not worth the "IKEA Experience" (yes I've been to multiple IKEA's in several states) you must suffer through. Who the HE** needs a food court at a furniture store? To me furniture is furniture and as long as it is sturdy that's all that matters as I'm not trying to impress anyone!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 994 times
I Have shopped at AFW for 14 Years now and I have not once had an issue. The quality is great and the experience is always wonderful for me. Maybe some people are co dependant and dont know how to be happy.....

Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
I'm a room and board man myself (cherry creek). Though I think the best thing about AFW is that its next to Lone Tree Brewing Company

Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 AM

356 posts, read 624,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I'm a room and board man myself (cherry creek). Though I think the best thing about AFW is that its next to Lone Tree Brewing Company
You're thinking Furniture Row across the street from LTB; AFW is further down on Peoria and E-470.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
You're thinking Furniture Row across the street from LTB; AFW is further down on Peoria and E-470.
? AFW has a dozen or more locations in Colorado (many in metro Denver), as far as I know.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM

356 posts, read 624,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
? AFW has a dozen or more locations in Colorado, as far as I know.
I know that, none right next to LTB I'm aware of however.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
I know that, none right next to LTB I'm aware of however.
I would agree, I assumed it was a warehouse. It was big!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver