Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM

5 posts, read 9,822 times

Advertisements

Hi all! It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was scouting out apartments in south Denver, but the years have flown by and now we are looking at houses!

My husband and I are looking to buy in Centennial. We currently live close to the area and my husband works in the area. We have been checking out several neighborhoods and have zoned in on potentials in several areas including these three neighborhoods:

1). Willow Creek
2). Heritage Greens
3). Heritage Village

Does anyone have any thoughts on these areas? I've seen several postings on the Willow Creek neighborhood and we know people who live there. Heritage Greens I've heard excellent things about, but I don't know much about Heritage Village. Any thoughts?

Our budget is around 400k but we do have the means to go a little higher if we find an area that we especially like. I know this is fine for Willow Creek, but a little more iffy for Heritage Greens.

Things that are important to us are:
1). Good schools (which I've heard good things about Littleton, Arapahoe, and Cherry Creek so this should be fine)
2). Access to trail systems (all three of the neighbourhoods have this).
3). Park or green space area nearby
4). Good community

We appreciate any insight on these neighborhoods or any other ones nearby. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 07:23 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,636 times
My husband went to greenwood elementary, west middle and cherry creek high school and he and his friends all brainwashed me that these schools and only to go to. They said they looked down on kids from other schools so when he and I moved back to Denver he would not consider a house outside that school dist.

You won't find much under 400, willow creek there are a few and fox ridge. There is cherry creek farms and cherry creek vista but not many. On the other side is heritage, cherry park and two other areas. Cherry park looked ok but nobody moves out of there.

Those are your only options in that price range for cherry creek.

The inventory is also low, I went to the HOA in a subdivision I liked in GWV and bought a house before it even hit the market. It's mid 80's and had to recarpet, new paint and tear out walls. But I love it even though it's old, but it was a trade off my husband wanted.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Default Old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
It's mid 80's [sic] ...love it even though it's old
I did not know that there where houses in that neighborhood from the 1880s. Amazing.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:23 PM

5 posts, read 9,822 times
Quote:
My husband went to greenwood elementary, west middle and cherry creek high school and he and his friends all brainwashed me that these schools and only to go to. They said they looked down on kids from other schools so when he and I moved back to Denver he would not consider a house outside that school dist.

You won't find much under 400, willow creek there are a few and fox ridge. There is cherry creek farms and cherry creek vista but not many. On the other side is heritage, cherry park and two other areas. Cherry park looked ok but nobody moves out of there.

Those are your only options in that price range for cherry creek.

The inventory is also low, I went to the HOA in a subdivision I liked in GWV and bought a house before it even hit the market. It's mid 80's and had to recarpet, new paint and tear out walls. But I love it even though it's old, but it was a trade off my husband wanted.

Thanks for the quick reply! We can go above 400k. The preference is to stay right around it, but like I said for the right neighbourhood it's not a problem. We are a little more open to school district...just want a good one but Centennial seems to be a good school area in general. Thanks for throwing out some of the other neighborhoods!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I did not know that there where houses in that neighborhood from the 1880s. Amazing.

1980's!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM

Default Sponsored by the Committee to Save the Apostrophe from Abuse

Quote:
1980's!
I presume you meant: 1980s. Which is not "old". Come up to my neighborhood, Berkeley, (be sure to wear your bullet-proof vest) to see some "old" houses.

This
http://denverurbanism.com/2012/08/de...ade-1990s.html
is a GREAT series.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
Quote:
1980's!

Houses last longer than humans, and if a house built in the 1980s is old, that makes me ancient.

Maybe I should apply to be considered an historical landmark.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Default You are not eligible

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
that makes me ancient. Maybe I should apply to be considered an historical landmark.
Fossils are pre-history. Not eligible.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I presume you meant: 1980s. Which is not "old". Come up to my neighborhood, Berkeley, (be sure to wear your bullet-proof vest) to see some "old" houses.

This
Denver’s Single-Family Homes by Decade: 1990s « DenverUrbanism Blog
is a GREAT series.

Where is this, Is is a gang area?

Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
Quote:
Where is this, Is is a gang area?
Yeah, its the Latte gang and they go hard at the Mocha gang when they run into each other at Starbucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: