Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 PM

77 posts, read 132,247 times

Advertisements

This reminds me, I've been meaning to make a trip to Oskar Blues in Lyons... mainly so I can drunkenly peruse the pinball arcade next door. Anyone ever been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 04:46 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktqtp View Post
This reminds me, I've been meaning to make a trip to Oskar Blues in Lyons... mainly so I can drunkenly peruse the pinball arcade next door. Anyone ever been?

Oh yes!!! I spent more time playing pinball then over at OB.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times
delta07 wrote: I also feel like the breweries that serve food always do so well.

Kannah Creek in Grand Junction is a good example of this, especially at their original location across from CMU on 12th street, where they have a more complete menu than they do at their new location along Riverside Parkway.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,679,353 times
I think it has a lot to do with Colorado liquor laws. It is much easier/cheaper to get an onsite tasting room license than a full brewery restaurant license. No capital invested in a full kitchen and have food trucks. I like the variety of food the rotating food trucks have at my corner brewery.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:13 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,133,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
delta07 wrote: I also feel like the breweries that serve food always do so well.
Kannah Creek in Grand Junction is a good example of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I think it has a lot to do with Colorado liquor laws. It is much easier/cheaper to get an onsite tasting room license than a full brewery restaurant license. No capital invested in a full kitchen and have food trucks. I like the variety of food the rotating food trucks have at my corner brewery.
Three breweries have opened recently in Lafayette, using three different approaches.

The Post Brewing Company is the latest place opened by Dave Query's Big Red F group (others include Jax; Zolo; West End Tavern etc.) Focus is as much on the food as the beer. The only bad reviews so far are about long waits - Food and beer are great.

Front Range Brewing is located in a strip mall - their food service is take-in from their restaurant neighbors in the Lafayette Marketplace.

Odd13 Brewing uses the food truck outside model.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,687,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post

Kannah Creek in Grand Junction is a good example of this, especially at their original location across from CMU on 12th street, where they have a more complete menu than they do at their new location along Riverside Parkway.
I remember Kannah Creek! My husband and I were so excited to have something besides Rockslide. I always enjoyed their pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
That's interesting and I didn't even think about it. I imagine that does have something to do with it. BTW, I am a big fan of the brewery that shares the same name as your user name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Three breweries have opened recently in Lafayette, using three different approaches.

The Post Brewing Company is the latest place opened by Dave Query's Big Red F group (others include Jax; Zolo; West End Tavern etc.) Focus is as much on the food as the beer. The only bad reviews so far are about long waits - Food and beer are great.

Front Range Brewing is located in a strip mall - their food service is take-in from their restaurant neighbors in the Lafayette Marketplace.

Odd13 Brewing uses the food truck outside model.
I noticed that Lone Tree Brewing does the same as Front Range Brewing. I found that the most odd out of the 3 models.

We have quite a good food cart scene here in OR as well, but most of our breweries have restaurants associated with them (at least here in Bend). I never thought about the liquor laws, but I just did a little research and that may be why most of our breweries serve food. In order for minors to be allowed where alcohol is served, you have to show that the business isn't primarily for serving alcohol. Minors are not allowed in tasting rooms here in OR at all. I don't recall what the laws are in CO.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
I remember Kannah Creek! My husband and I were so excited to have something besides Rockslide. I always enjoyed their pizzas.

That's interesting and I didn't even think about it. I imagine that does have something to do with it. BTW, I am a big fan of the brewery that shares the same name as your user name.

I noticed that Lone Tree Brewing does the same as Front Range Brewing. I found that the most odd out of the 3 models.

We have quite a good food cart scene here in OR as well, but most of our breweries have restaurants associated with them (at least here in Bend). I never thought about the liquor laws, but I just did a little research and that may be why most of our breweries serve food. In order for minors to be allowed where alcohol is served, you have to show that the business isn't primarily for serving alcohol. Minors are not allowed in tasting rooms here in OR at all. I don't recall what the laws are in CO.
Kids are allowed in tasting rooms here. The liquor laws are a little wacky here when it comes to obtaining a liquor license.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:03 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
Quote:
World of Beer that recently opened near me is using that model. They opened in an area that has about half a dozen restaurants in walking distance. They aren't a brewery, but a good tap house. They have menus from a bunch of the restaurants nearby and delivery agreements with a lot of them.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:36 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,679,353 times
Quote:

A great brewery, on a great river, at a great playpark, in a great little town. Does life get any better???

Old 04-12-2014, 10:37 AM

557 posts, read 810,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Definitely an acquired taste. If you step up to an IPA before you're ready, you may not try one again.
I don't know so much about the ready part. Completely different taste that some just don't like. I'm not big on huge hops in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver