Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 PM

191 posts, read 503,155 times

Advertisements

If one wanted to keep a commute to 30minutes or less, would it be fair to say in general terms that most everything West of LoDo is within reach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwind View Post
If one wanted to keep a commute to 30minutes or less, would it be fair to say in general terms that most everything West of LoDo is within reach?
LoDo to Golden would be about 30 minutes. Probably over 30 minutes in traffic. Anything farther away then that would be over 30 minutes.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 AM

131 posts, read 492,763 times
Yep, I lived in the Highlands (26th and Federal) and it was 30 minutes to Golden if I used local streets (26th), only 15 minutes if I jumped on the highway. You are going against traffic, I miss that commute daily!!!!

I now get to enjoy the Atlanta commute and have to leave the house before 6am to keep it under an hour......

Enjoy!

Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 AM

352 posts, read 713,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaCruiser View Post
Yep, I lived in the Highlands (26th and Federal) and it was 30 minutes to Golden if I used local streets (26th), only 15 minutes if I jumped on the highway. You are going against traffic, I miss that commute daily!!!!

I now get to enjoy the Atlanta commute and have to leave the house before 6am to keep it under an hour......

Enjoy!
Have you started any threads on the Atlanta City-Data forum comparing Atlanta to Denver? Link us to them if you have. Thanks.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
Have you started any threads on the Atlanta City-Data forum comparing Atlanta to Denver? Link us to them if you have. Thanks.
Search for my username and I think you will find some from when I first moved here 6 years ago. I absolutley hated it here. I now tolerate it. The citys couldn't be much more different IMO.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:30 AM

191 posts, read 503,155 times
I'm sorry. I've my wording has misled all of you. I'm talking about commuting FROM Golden to LoDo or any place in between

Old 09-26-2012, 08:59 AM

Well then, that does change things a little. You will now be going WITH all of the traffic. It will likely take you 30 minutes on the hwy or you can take the parallel side streets for about the same time.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 AM

352 posts, read 713,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaCruiser View Post
Search for my username and I think you will find some from when I first moved here 6 years ago. I absolutley hated it here. I now tolerate it. The citys couldn't be much more different IMO.
I searched your username and threads started by you with "Denver" in the thread title, thinking maybe you'd done a "Denver Atlanta comparison by a newcomer" or something like that. Got zip. I did find one post by you that advised someone thinking of moving to Atlanta from Denver to DON'T DO IT!!!

One thing, on the first page of the Atlanta City-Data I didn't see any "Moving to Atlanta" threads like you see "Moving to Denver" threads here. That must mean something.

I have no opinions at at all about Atlanta. One thread title was interesting, as it was contesting some recent poll that had Atlanta as the 5th dirtiest city in the USA. Very interesting. I wonder where Denver is on that list?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
I searched your username and threads started by you with "Denver" in the thread title, thinking maybe you'd done a "Denver Atlanta comparison by a newcomer" or something like that. Got zip. I did find one post by you that advised someone thinking of moving to Atlanta from Denver to DON'T DO IT!!!

One thing, on the first page of the Atlanta City-Data I didn't see any "Moving to Atlanta" threads like you see "Moving to Denver" threads here. That must mean something.

I have no opinions at at all about Atlanta. One thread title was interesting, as it was contesting some recent poll that had Atlanta as the 5th dirtiest city in the USA. Very interesting. I wonder where Denver is on that list?
I never did a good thread on Denver/Atlanta comparison but I did just find this one:
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-decision.html

Old 09-26-2012, 05:59 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Once the new light rail line is up and running a commute from Golden to Lodo won't be bad at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver