Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,119 times

Advertisements

On my way into work this morning, I was traveling east on I-70 and noticed an odd, bright almost gold-colored light in the eastern sky. At first, the object didn't appear to be moving, but eventually started moving straight up with streaks that almost looked like gold colored contrails behind it. Eventually, it disappeared into space.

Did anyone else see this? I imagine that this had to have been viewed by alot of people since it happened during the middle of the morning rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
On my way into work this morning, I was traveling east on I-70 and noticed an odd, bright almost gold-colored light in the eastern sky. At first, the object didn't appear to be moving, but eventually started moving straight up with streaks that almost looked like gold colored contrails behind it. Eventually, it disappeared into space.

Did anyone else see this? I imagine that this had to have been viewed by alot of people since it happened during the middle of the morning rush hour.
I did not see it, but this is the only explanation:

Quote:
Vernon, British Columbia A Gold Colored Streak In The Sky
Date: September 29, 2008 Time: Dusk.

Last night I was waiting around dusk to see if it would happen again. The star like objects did not repeat the actions from the night before, however I did see one come into the atmosphere. I saw a gold streak in the sky way above me, very high up, the streak was about 8 inches long, and at the end of it a star like object flashed a couple of times, like they do around the sky here late at night. I will be out again tonight, tea cup in hand and watching. Take care.

Thank you to the witness for their report.
HBCC UFO Research - <>http://www.hbccufo.org
UFO Reports From HBCC UFO Research & UFOINFO

United States UFO: Golden/Yellow Light Streaked Across The Sky Over Surprise Arizona

Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,119 times
The report in the second link you posted sounds just like the one I saw. It happened around 7am, so it was still fairly dark as the sun was still rising. It started out as a small object moving sideways, then the contrail behind it grew as it went upward. It was visible for around 5 minutes. Surely other people saw this as well!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 AM

352 posts, read 713,123 times
I missed being outside by just a few minutes when this occurred. However...

A few years ago I was out testing an old camera. I'd just focused on something down on my feet, looked up and a bright iridescent streak went from upper right to lower left. Very bright, very cool.

I had no time to react and raise my camera and it wouldn't have caught it anyway. But I bet I was the only one in the entire area with a camera in my hand looking directly at that streak. No way to prepare for something like that, even with a camera in my hand!

Old 10-17-2012, 04:45 PM

207 posts, read 480,831 times
An airplane from DIA would be up in the sunshine and would look much brighter than the sky at that time.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:57 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Default Meteor Shower?

Story in accuweather indicates we are in a bit of a meteor shower.....which are always cool to see and can be seen in various colors.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: