Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 04:31 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,109,604 times

Advertisements

I moved here from Chicago to get away from retarded Cubs fans. I found out quickly that it is impossible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 04:50 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
I moved here from Chicago to get away from retarded Cubs fans. I found out quickly that it is impossible
Gee, you always make me laugh. Now, you will be facing the language challenged, aggressive, always in your face Bronco Fans. You can always tell who they are because their greeting and departing is not Hello and Goodbye---it is GO BRONCOS! They only read a newspaper with the page embellished with the "Broncos" which is every edition of the idiot's guide to news--The Denver Post. Their TV broadcast have to include "Broncos" in every burp from the talking heads. You will see many in their expensive Broncos Clothing Regalia (made in China and marketed by a fat rich New Yorker) on game day and any day, paying for their groceries with food stamps.

GO PUKE,

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 01-18-2013 at 05:00 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 05:11 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
I meet people all the time that are from Minnesota, nebraska, Oklahoma, and a few from Illinois as well as your typical Californians, east coasters, and Texans. Colorado is strange in that people from all over the country move here, as they have a picture of what this state is due to the tourism advertising all over the world, and legends that have made their rounds for 30 years.

Personally I am from Colorado, little town about 30 miles north east of the Denver metro area that called Hudson, I grew up there and just south of Greeley. Another little know thing is that despite this image that hardly anybody is actually from Colorado, more then half the people I have talked to about where they are from, are actually from somewhere in Colorado.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:46 AM

78 posts, read 197,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
City and County of Denver only:

Place of birth for U.S.-born residents:

This state: 222531

Northeast: 33351
Midwest: 89984
South: 56085
West: 50167

Read more: //www.city-data.com/housing/hou...#ixzz2ILCIaO1B

Note that the west, which includes California, is near the bottom of the list.
But California as a single state, not a region

Old 01-19-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Gee, you always make me laugh. Now, you will be facing the language challenged, aggressive, always in your face Bronco Fans. You can always tell who they are because their greeting and departing is not Hello and Goodbye---it is GO BRONCOS! They only read a newspaper with the page embellished with the "Broncos" which is every edition of the idiot's guide to news--The Denver Post. Their TV broadcast have to include "Broncos" in every burp from the talking heads. You will see many in their expensive Broncos Clothing Regalia (made in China and marketed by a fat rich New Yorker) on game day and any day, paying for their groceries with food stamps.

GO PUKE,

Livecontent
GO BRONCOS! Sorry for supporting my team.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I meet people all the time that are from Minnesota, nebraska, Oklahoma, and a few from Illinois as well as your typical Californians, east coasters, and Texans. Colorado is strange in that people from all over the country move here, as they have a picture of what this state is due to the tourism advertising all over the world, and legends that have made their rounds for 30 years.

Personally I am from Colorado, little town about 30 miles north east of the Denver metro area that called Hudson, I grew up there and just south of Greeley. Another little know thing is that despite this image that hardly anybody is actually from Colorado, more then half the people I have talked to about where they are from, are actually from somewhere in Colorado.
I grew up in Brighton, I'm sure you know where that's at since you grew up in Hudson

Old 01-19-2013, 07:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado 303 View Post
But California as a single state, not a region
Sure. And fewer people come from the entire west (defined by the Census Bureau as Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming and New Mexico in addition to Colorado, already covered in the category "this state") than do from the 16 midwestern states (N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio).

Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 AM

26 posts, read 66,578 times
My wife and I will be moving from CA also but are originally from Chicago and Wisconsin respectively. We hope we fit in well with all the transplants and the natives. As a life time fan of the Packers, I am hoping to find like-minded sports fans but will also root for the Broncos.

Know what a Chicagoan calls a 400 pound Packers fan? Anorexic

Last edited by WI2CA2CO; 01-19-2013 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM

346 posts, read 482,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post

Born and raised in CO as well. Most of my friends are from here as well. Its cliche, but true - "Birds of a feather flock together". Oh yeah, and go Broncos!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado 303 View Post
I grew up in Brighton, I'm sure you know where that's at since you grew up in Hudson
I may have been there once or twice. still have plenty of family in the area, most of which now live in Brighton. I still think it may be the most underrated area within a half hour of downtown Denver, and would actually prefer to live there if my circumstances were different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver