Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 PM

37 posts, read 62,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That is the reason I registered my car as soon as I could. I didn't want my California plates sticking out like a soar thumb.
Smart! I've heard the natives here hate Cali transplants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieX3 View Post
Smart! I've heard the natives here hate Cali transplants!
Hate is a strong word but there sure was some disgust among them. I think the early 90s influx of Californians was what set them over the edge a bit. Like one poster said on here "this is not the Divided State of America".

Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,109 times
Come on people, this is such a simple subject.

I agree that there are people from Colorado who just hate the California "transplants" for no reason and treat them poorly for no reasons, but Californians need to realize it was California who started it all by acting arrogant and bad mouthing everything about Colorado. This is a two sided subject!

Of course not everyone from California is like this, I've lived in California before and there were many nice people. The majority of people from California I've met in Colorado are nice as well.

However I've lived in Colorado now for 10 years and I've seen it from both sides and there are many Californians who come here expecting it one way, and then bashing all the people here in Colorado because they can't believe how someone would want to live here (among other complaints). If Colorado tries to defend itself then California uses some insane reason for not being arrogant or rude such as "Well California is more beautiful, with more geographical diversity". WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? It only makes California seem more arrogant. Most people in Colorado (myself included) agree California is incredibley beautiful. All this stupid childish behavior is the reason for all this nonsense. California doesn't have to like Colorado but at some point they need to stop the constant negativity or else leave (this goes for any place). You don't have to live in Colorado, yet when we express this Colorado again comes off as the "bad guy"?

This is what made Colorado (and many other states) hate California, and for some reason Colorado has come off as the guilty and evil one.

The same goes for the Colorado people who just hate all California people for no reason, come on Colorado if California is not hurting you, then grow up! I hate the people here who complain for no reason, but it's definitely the minority of the people in Colorado I know. Colorado people like this are WRONG TOO!

I've met many Californians here, and most are nice people and I've be-friended many. I don't let the "other Californians" get to me, everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's certain times we all have to converse and let others know if they are crossing the line. This goes for both sides but it's the Colorado side that seems to always be wrong for it's opinions. I don't understand this!

I agree with this thread, but California needs to realize what it has done too. This will simply put an end to all this stupid arguing and let both states become what they want to become.

On a side note this being offended by the NATIVE bumper sticker stuff is the most pathetic argument I've ever heard. People have their SoCal for life stickers and their don't mess with Texas stickers and no one here in Colorado or anywhere else is offended. Yet Colorado is wrong for having something similar? Come on people grow up everyone is allowed to have their stupid bumper stickers.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That is the reason I registered my car as soon as I could. I didn't want my California plates sticking out like a soar thumb.
Most people in Colorado don't care if someone has a California plate, I see 50 everyday and I couldn't care less. Yes there are a few but don't worry about those people.

This is like me saying I took off my Broncos shirt at the Chargers game because I didn't want to be a sore thumb, come on guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver