Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times

Advertisements

Look at foreclosures and short sales. There are bunch in Broomfield.
A lots less competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 PM

37 posts, read 62,408 times
How about someone tell me about the South end of town? Please!!!

What I would love is for advise on the South end.

I'm a big girl, I can make my own decisions on where I want to live, how commutes will affect us. I don't need advise/opinions on this subject. What I REALLY need is someone to walk me through other communities on the other side of town. Thanks friends.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,215,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
In the spirit of full disclosure; I am not your Realtor.

You cannot expect different results with the same strategy. More of the same will come and prices will continue to appreciate, if all you do is change the geographic location.
I can't rep you again right now but this is well said.

I'm glad to hear the Denver market is finally on a decent upswing. Too bad we had to sell in Broomfield when we did....

OP, The market you describe is how Austin has been for the past 2.5 years and is also the case in many parts of the country now. We too were outbid on 5 homes here in a shockingly low inventory situation. We dropped our agent and got one who was "more connected" and had a pulse for properties coming down the pipe since homes in desirable areas don't last here more than 24 hours. And I drove around looking for "coming soon" signs almost every day for 2-3 months. Eventually, one worked out. Also realize inventory is particularly low this time of year... the closer you get to spring/summer it should go up, even if it's only a bit.

If you like north as much as you do, especially since you've been living there as long as you have, I would really holdout to get what you want there. You might regret ending up elsewhere simply because it fell in a lower range and enabled you to finally outbid your competition but you won't know it until you are living there.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 PM

My realtor has been serving the N. Denver suburbs for 25 years. She's awesome! None of this is her fault. This is not an issue w/ her, it's an issue with inventory and our price range being low.

Once again. Simply looking for advise on the S end of town. Like I said I'm a big girl, I know what I'm doing, and don't need anything BUT info on the S. end. THANKS!

Last edited by stephanieX3; 02-21-2013 at 12:41 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 01:02 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,618,508 times
Question Where did this tight market come from ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieX3 View Post
Thanks. We've made offers the same day too. Even with in hours of being listed. Another problem is that we are being outbid! PPl are bidding over the asking price.
Wow. Where was this market when I sold my house in Broomfield 18 months ago ?? Only 1 offer after 40 showings in 3 months. Listed at 230K, sold at 222.5K. Total selling cost 20K (comm, carpet, radon, alum. wire, buyer closing )

I see by cohomefinder.com there are currently only 3 listings under 230K in my old neighborhood Usually there were 8-10.

I guess, like the stock market, there are times to be a seller, and times to be a buyer !

Old 02-21-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Wow. Where was this market when I sold my house in Broomfield 18 months ago ?? Only 1 offer after 40 showings in 3 months. Listed at 230K, sold at 222.5K. Total selling cost 20K (comm, carpet, radon, alum. wire, buyer closing )

I see by cohomefinder.com there are currently only 3 listings under 230K in my old neighborhood Usually there were 8-10.

I guess, like the stock market, there are times to be a seller, and times to be a buyer !
Yes I know! Why oh why didn't we buy when we moved here 2 years ago?!! You should see this junky little house in the Westlake neighborhood - no upgrades, gross carpet, cabinets, etc, etc, built in 1973 and sold the same day it was listed with multiple offers over the asking price.

So so frustrating!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Wow. Where was this market when I sold my house in Broomfield 18 months ago ?? Only 1 offer after 40 showings in 3 months. Listed at 230K, sold at 222.5K. Total selling cost 20K
Sold our house in Bonnie Brae in July 2011.
Original asking $740K (priced right according to 24 real-estate agents who toured it in November 2010).
Sold for $634K.
Minus $27K in costs (new roof, water heater, etc.).
26 open houses and 63 showings in the 7 months it took to sell.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM

Default Grammar Nazi Alert

Quote:
re: Help! need some advise
advice

Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM

47 posts, read 93,016 times
Default Meridian & Littleton

I just moved to the Meridian area to lessen my partner's commute, and I find it to be VERY suburban. The only grocery stores close to my house are Sprouts and Safeway. It's a few miles to the Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage. I'm not sure that the area is conducive to your lifestyle; it was a bit of a culture shock for me, having lived close to downtown for years.

I have some family that lives near Wadsworth and Belleview in Littleton (granted, Northern edge of Littleton), and they love it. They're also very health conscious, and seem to be fine with the availability of natural foods over there. It takes about 15 minutes to get to Morrison from their house, so good proximity to hiking/biking/etc. Hope this helps!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
Meridan is located east of I-25 between County Line Road and Lincoln Avenue.

So Stephanie, even though you say you want advice ONLY on the south areas of town, there are those of us who try to be helpful here and warn people about possible negatives. The commute from the south areas to you husband's work would be probably an hour plus each way in good weather. Most of us feel that quality of life is important, and a two hour commute is NOT a good quality of life.

However, since that advice seems to be upsetting to you, we'll discuss the other aspects of living in the south area. I lived in Littleton for over 20 years and really like the area. BTW, you'll find that the Littleton mailing address encompasses an area about twice the size of the actual city limits. Some areas of "Littleon" are served by Littleton Public Schools, some by Jefferson County, and some maybe even Douglas County. Some of the older neighborhoods have decent homes that may be in your price range.

I'm not sure what you can get in your price range, but there won't be any "1/2 ghetto" neighborhoods in the south area. You should stay as close to I-25 as you can to help our your husband's commute. There may be some homes you'd like around Hampden Avenue and there's a Whole Foods about a mile east of I-25.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver