Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

I've had nothing stolen. I lock my car, house, set alarms and don't leave stuff out on my front porch other than a table and chairs and plants in Summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
Nothing here

Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
I've had two cars broken into. First time they took an amp and tried to get the head-unit out with a crow bar. That was in Wash Park. It was a beater truck and the stereo didn't work anyway, but they really damaged the dash.

Second time (different car) parked down town in a under cover lot, car was broken into. Nothing valuable in the car, but they broke the window to get in.

Third time had my insurance deductible stolen when some a$$ did a hit and run on our car parked outside our house.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM

356 posts, read 624,200 times
Had 2 bikes stolen in Wash Park. Got back from a trip to Breck and put my mountain bike in the car port while I took in my bags (total 5-7min) and my mtn. bike- gone.

Next day wife's bike I had locked up on the side of our house- gone.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 PM

229 posts, read 423,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
Had 2 bikes stolen in Wash Park. Got back from a trip to Breck and put my mountain bike in the car port while I took in my bags (total 5-7min) and my mtn. bike- gone.

Next day wife's bike I had locked up on the side of our house- gone.
Wash park has become a mecca for property crimes and theft. I've got 4 groups of friends living there and all 4 have had numerous items stolen from their garages, out front, etc. One of my friends said his neighbor just had his brand new truck stolen a few weeks ago.

I've lived in CO most of my life and had my stereo stolen once back in college. I left a giant book of CDs on the front seat and they took that and the stereo. This was up in Boulder at the far back of one of the lots near Kittridge dorm. Other than that I've had nothing else.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
In the past five years, I've had two bikes (both locked with cable locks; only use U-locks now), a bike tire/rim, a bike seat, and (today) a high quality bike light stolen.

I think they try to portray Denver as a safe city, but I think most of the crimes that happen here are non-violent. Denver seems to have a lot of kleptos living here. Keep your things locked up and away from the public. This city seems to run rampant with klepto vagrants who will steal your things in plain sight and in the middle of the day.
hmm. . .I don't steal a lot. I did lift a battery from a hotel room remote. . .

I don't know about Denver, but Denver tech Center I haven't had a problem so far (nock on wood). Been here since July, and my bike is just fine.

I heard bike's get stolen everywhere though. . .no real punishment for crime, turnover is easy, hard to track. Bike theft. . .blame your local city ordinances for not making it a bigger crime. anyway Bike Theft does not equal a lack of safety or overall crime

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/...stealing-bikes

Old 03-18-2013, 07:47 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default As Willie Sutton said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
Wash park has become a mecca for property crimes and theft.
Let's see...I am going to steal something. Head to where the rich people live or where the poor people live? Such a difficult decision.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
A few years ago I left my Jeep convertible running all night behind the Cherry Creek Grill keys in ignition,wads of cash in the front seat,an extremely expensive mountain bike unlocked to the rear rack with loud music playing on my car stereo.
At the time I lived a block away from CCG retracked the fuzzy memories from the night before..found it just the way I left it...The hugest downer was that the stereo was playing Motley Crew, gees!...I learned two things that next morning I'm glad I didn't even drive that one block home and the Cherry Creek Grill makes a mean Long Island Iced tea. On the flip side had two expensive bikes stolen in Boulder.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
In the past five years, I've had two bikes (both locked with cable locks; only use U-locks now), a bike tire/rim, a bike seat, and (today) a high quality bike light stolen.

I think they try to portray Denver as a safe city, but I think most of the crimes that happen here are non-violent. Denver seems to have a lot of kleptos living here. Keep your things locked up and away from the public. This city seems to run rampant with klepto vagrants who will steal your things in plain sight and in the middle of the day.
Do I get karma points then for running a homeless dreg off busting a car window just north of the qwest blng last summer. Silly me I called DPD 911 thinking they would show up, waited 5 minutes and left.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM64 View Post
Auraria Campus is the "stealing capitol of Denver", I know several people who have also learned that the hard way.
Yep. Know someone who had their iPhone stolen while in the computer lab while they were getting papers off the printer. Really crappy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver