Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,762 times

Advertisements

Yeah yeah. I know. I grew up in the Boulder area so I know it will be a big change and what the reasons are for staying away from North Aurora. However, my main reason for doing this is that my girlfriend already lives there and goes to school on the medical campus. I currently live and work in Boulder, but I have started applying to jobs closer to Aurora (Centennial/Louisville/etc). My main requirements are: decent living area, and within a 5-10 minute drive (preferably no traffic) from 6th/Potomac.

I have started looking at apartments around Chambers, Lowry, and within walking distance to the medical campus and I was hoping people could lend their experience with regards to Aurora and where I should be looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,762 times
bump. Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking into those apartments right on campus near the golf course (21 Fitzsimons) anyone have any opinions about that place?

Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM

977 posts, read 1,328,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinuke View Post
bump. Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking into those apartments right on campus near the golf course (21 Fitzsimons) anyone have any opinions about that place?
21 Fitzsimmons is probably the best place you'll find immediately around Fitzsimmons. There's also several apartment complexes in Stapleton that would be a short (5 minute or so) commute to the campus along with some further south along I-225. But it's all dependent on what you are willing to spend for housing. There's plenty of affordable stock around Fitzsimmons, but it's affordable for a reason and not a good one.

Short answer: There's not a lot of housing around Fitzsimmons at this time that would be considered desirable.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM

618 posts, read 1,366,222 times
Have you looked at these apartments Botanica Eastbridge Apartment Rentals

Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinuke View Post

I have started looking at apartments around Chambers, Lowry, and within walking distance to the medical campus and I was hoping people could lend their experience with regards to Aurora and where I should be looking.
Having lived near Chambers and Colfax for many years; I would say Brighton, Thornton, some south Aurora locations, Denver metro, Englewood. Renting may be different; don't buy until you know the area.

The drive may be worth your quality of life. Like someone said, walk around the neighborhood, while you are checking out where you want to live. Too bad the move is not Aurora to Boulder. I always feel safe in Boulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver