Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:57 PM

8 posts, read 11,036 times

Advertisements

Hey friends,

Might be moving to Colorado in June. Will be working in Castle Rock. I am looking for a 30 minute drive at the most to commute. I sometimes ride my bicycle to work, so closer would be a bonus. I was checking places out in Centennial, is this a good area? Is traffic pretty slammed going south towards Castle Rock, or just more into Denver?

Thanks for reading.

Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,960 times
Is there a reason you would not live in Castle Rock? It's a very nice place to live as many CHOOSE to live there and are forced to commute elsewhere.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:06 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Even I, who am not a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamikec View Post
working in Castle Rock...ride my bicycle to work
Even I, who love the Castle Rock of 1970 and hate the Castle Rock of today would say: live as close to possible to work.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Even I, who love the Castle Rock of 1970 and hate the Castle Rock of today would say: live as close to possible to work.
Well, one could live in the parts of Castle Rock that were there in 1970, and try and remain oblivious to what's popped up since...

Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 AM

322 posts, read 525,087 times
Everyone has a different angle on what's good, I used to love old houses with their charm and mature trees but have sworn them off after some funky foundation problems and leaky basements... Are you looking to rent or buy? (the denver area market's very tight in both areas right now, fyi) What price range are you comfortable with? Do you want a yard? Detached or interested in townhome/condo possibilities? I'm guessing good biking options near-by is a plus? Do you have pets? Is school district relevant?... just a few questions...

Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
I would also recommend Castle Rock if you are going to work in Castle Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire S. View Post
Everyone has a different angle on what's good, I used to love old houses with their charm and mature trees but have sworn them off after some funky foundation problems and leaky basements... Are you looking to rent or buy? (the denver area market's very tight in both areas right now, fyi) What price range are you comfortable with? Do you want a yard? Detached or interested in townhome/condo possibilities? I'm guessing good biking options near-by is a plus? Do you have pets? Is school district relevant?... just a few questions...
I have watched enough HGTV to know that a new house does not mean foundation problems and leaky basements are not a problem. In an older home these things will be easily noticeable versus a new home where they may have not popped up yet.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 PM

8 posts, read 11,036 times
Hey friends,

Thanks for all the replies. I know it's pretty Eco friendly to live close to work and I see some apartments that are appealing. I have also seen people talk about maybe a future water scare...then again I can always move after a lease is up. I am 30 years old and pretty active and I also enjoy concerts and other nightlife attractions such as comedy clubs and nice restaurants and thought it would be more beneficial to live in between Denver an castle rock. I think I'll start with CR and go from there.

Thanks again!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
What's wrong with Castle Rock? I went to the outlet mall there in 1995, but that's the last time I've been there. Did something change?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Hey friends,

Thanks for all the replies. I know it's pretty Eco friendly to live close to work and I see some apartments that are appealing. I have also seen people talk about maybe a future water scare...then again I can always move after a lease is up. I am 30 years old and pretty active and I also enjoy concerts and other nightlife attractions such as comedy clubs and nice restaurants and thought it would be more beneficial to live in between Denver an castle rock. I think I'll start with CR and go from there.

Thanks again!
In that case, Castle Rock may not be your cup of tea, but that commute everyday down I-25 is no fun at all if you choose to live in Denver.

If you did want to be closer in to town, I would recommend checking out apartments in the Denver Tech Center area. There are bars, restaurants and a Comedy Works located there and you would be on the edge of the traffic for your commute. It does not have near the offering that downtown does, but you are much closer in and can take the light rail downtown to Rockies/Nuggets/Broncos/Avalanche games and to go out to the bars so you wouldn't have to worry about drinking and driving.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM

369 posts, read 966,493 times
Quote:
Hey friends,

Thanks again!
Depends on whether you want to make your commute or your non-work life easy. How much time would you be commuting versus how often would you be hitting the city stuff.

CR has great access to outdoor stuff, so that's close...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver