Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Thats typical Colorado weather for you, and thats what you should be prepared to live with, if you make the move.

San Jose has been basking in the sun every day for the last two weeks with temperatures pushing 90 degrees, and not a drop of rain. And by sun, I mean sun, as in barely a cloud in the sky all day. Not Denver's version of sunny, which means that the sun only peaked though the clouds for like 15 minutes out of the day.

Meanwhile for the last two weeks, it looks like Denver has been snowing and raining almost everyday except for about four days. Yesterday according to the weather sites it was a balmy 29 degrees with snow in Denver. But I'm sure the sun probably peaked through the clouds for about 15 minutes to make the Colorado natives happy.

And yes Denver is dry. Expect your skin to be chapped most of the time. You should probably take a look at the weather calendars below, and ask yourself if thats the climate you really want to live in. Especially in April when most of the country is starting to enjoy nice warm spring weather

Denver's average UV index was 6.16 in 2012 versus San Jose's of 5.95. National average is 4.9.

We get more sun than you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 AM

139 posts, read 300,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblond33 View Post
Denver is similar. Trust me, I was unemployed last summer. It stays in the 90s and is hot as hell until 11:30 at night for 4 full months from June to October. Mornings, I will admit, are heavenly here though.

This "dry heat is better" nonsense is just plain dumb.

Seattle and Chicago have much better summers than here and both those places are humid as hell.
Take it from experience. I'm Southern California born and raised then lived in AZ two years. Denver is not comparable. We moved from Valencia CA to AZ thinking that it was comparable. It was an entirely different beast. Even the heat in Southern California is unbearable at times. Don't get fooled with one visit either, we decided to move to AZ after what we thought was a lengthy visit. That was the honeymoon period, we're never moving back as long as we can help it. We're not even thinking of moving back to CA.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Thats typical Colorado weather for you, and thats what you should be prepared to live with, if you make the move.

San Jose has been basking in the sun every day for the last two weeks with temperatures pushing 90 degrees, and not a drop of rain. And by sun, I mean sun, as in barely a cloud in the sky all day. Not Denver's version of sunny, which means that the sun only peaked though the clouds for like 15 minutes out of the day.

Meanwhile for the last two weeks, it looks like Denver has been snowing and raining almost everyday except for about four days. Yesterday according to the weather sites it was a balmy 29 degrees with snow in Denver. But I'm sure the sun probably peaked through the clouds for about 15 minutes to make the Colorado natives happy.

And yes Denver is dry. Expect your skin to be chapped most of the time. You should probably take a look at the weather calendars below, and ask yourself if thats the climate you really want to live in. Especially in April when most of the country is starting to enjoy nice warm spring weather

Didn't you hear? It was so awful, 2000 people DIED in Denver yesterday! Many of them were frost bitten to death. The others died because the sun only peeked out for 2 minutes, so they actually died from vitamin D deficiency. And of course, many died from chapped lips.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
spring break was a month ago and there and still not a leave on any tree in denver. It may be hotter feeling in the south but it rains every week in summer there, so they get that relief. Last summer it was in 90's every day without a drop of rain either. Here in denver it's dry and hot at the same time. In the south everyone hangs out at a pool in summer here in denver most people can't even swim.

I will probably move also. It's more than temperature, it's also about how the trees and life in general is dormant 7-8 months of the year.

lol! People in Denver can't swim? Sounds like you need prozac more than a new city.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Unless your an insomniac that doesn't help much. When you get home from work its still in the 80s and 90s here from 5 pm to 10 pm.

It is hot as hell here and it being dry does not help a bit. The only time the dry weather helps is in the winter. It makes it a little less bearable.....but it still sucks.

Miami beach is hot as hell in h summer but the humidity is dealt with by tens of thousands of vacationers. I can imagine a pasty white denver native not liking Miami while everyone else is having fun
Have you actually been to Denver? Or are you 13 years old?

Pasty white.... HA! That's funny. You can tan here at least 9 months out of the year at this elevation. I got a sunburn over a month ago on accident.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times
consider an 'upgrade' from Denver. There are MANY GREAT options within a reasonable distance.

oh, I had forgot about the nosebleeds...28 yrs in Colorado, ~ 10,000 nosebleeds. But not all have that problem. I still get a few / yr and live in a DAMP climate at only 1000'. I visit CO several x/yr, and still get the nosebleeds every few days.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Denver is similar. Trust me, I was unemployed last summer. It stays in the 90s and is hot as hell until 11:30 at night for 4 full months from June to October. Mornings, I will admit, are heavenly here though.

This "dry heat is better" nonsense is just plain dumb.

Seattle and Chicago have much better summers than here and both those places are humid as hell.
I've been to Seattle and Chicago in summer and there's really no comparing the two climates. One is gross/sticky humid and hot (Chicago) and the other is warm, pleasant, and nice level of humidity.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 AM

371 posts, read 494,142 times
I consider winter to be the time period between Halloween and Cinco De Mayo. It's not a harsh, unrelenting winter...there are plenty of reasonably nice days mixed in.

That being said, by this point in April, you and everyone else will be pretty much sick of it.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post
I consider winter to be the time period between Halloween and Cinco De Mayo. It's not a harsh, unrelenting winter...there are plenty of reasonably nice days mixed in.

That being said, by this point in April, you and everyone else will be pretty much sick of it.
And this has been a crappier April than normal! Althought I think much of the country has experienced a crappy April. The weather forecast looks good thought. Things will start greening up very soon

Old 04-24-2013, 12:16 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
And this has been a crappier April than normal! Althought I think much of the country has experienced a crappy April. The weather forecast looks good thought. Things will start greening up very soon
I think most of us (even those who like snow) are "over it"...but it is what it is, and the occasional (or more ) spring snowfall is part of living in Colorado. I'd still prefer that to the weather in many other parts of the country (yes, even San Jose ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver