Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJunior View Post
Wow! $800 a month in the tech center for 2 BR?
Guess I missed the 2 bedroom requirement mentioned in the OP (SORRY!). No just the 1 bedrooms are around 800 a month.

However the 2 bedrooms can be as low as 850 a month in some of the older apartments off of Hampden or Arapahoe Rd. They are usually apartments without central A/C though, so even using A/C for 2 weeks a year will be expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM

136 posts, read 460,812 times
Regarding "student ghettos" You aren't going to find entire concentrations/neighborhoods of undergrad students living 5 to a house anywhere in Denver. You will see these areas if you head up to actual college towns like Fort Collins, Greeley, Boulder. The area immediately surrounding DU is EXPENSIVE. Not to say there aren't a lot of students around, but many are spread throughout Denver and commute in. You can probably find enough roommates to make rent on a place close to DU, but the neighborhoods will have nicer houses than a student ghetto, your neighbors probably wont be down with the typical drunk/party atmosphere 24 hours a day typical in more conventional college areas.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoonik View Post
Regarding "student ghettos" You aren't going to find entire concentrations/neighborhoods of undergrad students living 5 to a house anywhere in Denver. You will see these areas if you head up to actual college towns like Fort Collins, Greeley, Boulder. The area immediately surrounding DU is EXPENSIVE. Not to say there aren't a lot of students around, but many are spread throughout Denver and commute in. You can probably find enough roommates to make rent on a place close to DU, but the neighborhoods will have nicer houses than a student ghetto, your neighbors probably wont be down with the typical drunk/party atmosphere 24 hours a day typical in more conventional college areas.
Has something changed in the last few years? My daughter lived near DU, close enough to walk to the campus, and had a nice if older 2 BR at a very reasonable rent. I realize rents have gone up a lot since 2009, but I'd still think they've gone up proportionally, e.g. that area would still be *relatively* affordable.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:33 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Has something changed in the last few years? My daughter lived near DU, close enough to walk to the campus, and had a nice if older 2 BR at a very reasonable rent. I realize rents have gone up a lot since 2009, but I'd still think they've gone up proportionally, e.g. that area would still be *relatively* affordable.
I agree. There is somewhat of a "student ghetto" immediately around DU. There are some older dumper houses right by the campus that host a lot of parties. I know this because see passed out kids on the front lawn when I am going to the gym at DU early Saturday mornings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver