Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM

833 posts, read 1,711,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
And then I smash one of mirrors off your car. Seems legit.
Ahh... but I only THINK about doing it, you apparently DO break the law. As I said, you seem to think you are one of those those extra-special entitled people. I find it curious you didn't debate ANY of my other points.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:00 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,395,806 times
Today is moron day on CD forum

Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,860,391 times
I have been riding motorcycles for over fifty years now. Knock on wood the worst injury I received during all that time is losing a few yards of skin from road rash in several incidents on the street. Off road dirt bike accidents DO NOT count. I have seen a lot of people die in motorcycle crashes during that time and more often than not they were wearing safety gear. NEWSFLASH folks: If you ride dangerously all the safety gear in the world will NOT SAVE your butt. The only way to avoid death or serious injury on a motorcycle is to ride in a safe way. Legally is better but if you are going to do something illegal do it safely and in a smart way.

A hint: anytime you are on a motorcycle and you are going twenty MPH faster than the cars around you, you are in danger.

GL2

Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
So, I am thinking of getting a bike, preferably US-made, so I can move to the front of the line at red lights. Yes, I know how dangerous it is, but what is the mentality of car people here when the two-wheeler passes them on the shoulder or between lanes to avoid the wait for the light? When I am traffic and a biker passes me on the shoulder, it doesn’t bother me one bit. I am jealous.

I know in California this is allowed. . don't know about Colorado. according to wkipedia Lane Splitting is illegal in most states BUT California. . .so I would check that. Get a ticket and pulled over, you don't save time.

As a driver of a car there are two things that bug me about Colorado bikers

1) so many without helmets. Seriously, they are that stupid?

2) moving down the white lines to get to the front

Now you are thinking about getting a bike to . . what? move forward? How much time will you save? Versus all the people like me who will drag race you and keep you from merging in my lane. Its stupid. it doesn't save a lot of time. It increases your chance I will bump your bike. I lose respect for bikers, and laugh at signs that say "be aware". . .

Old 05-07-2013, 12:34 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
Sky,

Thanks. 10,000 years from now no one is going to care how many traffic laws I violated. Or how many points were on my driver’s license.

Laws without victims are just suggested behavior written by busybodies.

Just want to get to where I am going, in as few microseconds as possible.
or if you lived 30 years or 80 years. Darwinism in action

Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
people like me who will drag race you and keep you from merging in my lane.
Wow. Is preventing bikers from getting ahead really that important to you?

Old 05-07-2013, 08:13 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,271 times
You know, I've only been responding the way I have to prove the negative bias people people automatically have towards law abiding motorcyclists. I'm not one of those guys who intentionally breaks the laws and goes around pissing people off. You prove my point.

People in cars automatically hate bikes, for no founded reason. It's only because you have never ridden one. Until you do, you will never understand.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:16 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I know in California this is allowed. . don't know about Colorado. according to wkipedia Lane Splitting is illegal in most states BUT California. . .so I would check that. Get a ticket and pulled over, you don't save time.

As a driver of a car there are two things that bug me about Colorado bikers

1) so many without helmets. Seriously, they are that stupid?

2) moving down the white lines to get to the front

Now you are thinking about getting a bike to . . what? move forward? How much time will you save? Versus all the people like me who will drag race you and keep you from merging in my lane. Its stupid. it doesn't save a lot of time. It increases your chance I will bump your bike. I lose respect for bikers, and laugh at signs that say "be aware". . .
Seriously? You drag race motorcycles? Tell me how many times you've won that race lmfao. And if people don't want to wear helmets, that's their choice, you have no say in the game, you can think it's stupid all you want, and it may be, but you have to respect it.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 AM

387 posts, read 637,816 times
Quote:
You know, I've only been responding the way I have to prove the negative bias people people automatically have towards law abiding motorcyclists. I'm not one of those guys who intentionally breaks the laws and goes around pissing people off.
But the main point many people have made is that lane splitting IS illegal in Colorado. If you're lane splitting, you're not the "law abiding motorcyclist" that you're claiming to be. If you lane split or shoulder ride in Colorado, you ARE intentionally breaking the law.

I'm not saying this as someone who dislikes motorcycles. I have a bike. My husband's ONLY mode of transportation is a Harley Road King (of course, since we're moving to CO, that will be changing, not sure if he wants to ride in the snow...). We ride safely, we follow ALL traffic laws. Just because you're on two wheels, it doesn't mean you get to pick and choose which laws apply to you. You have made it clear that you have no intention of being law abiding, and that you fully intend to break laws, if you indeed choose to ride in the manner you've outlined.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,395,806 times
Quote:
You know, I've only been responding the way I have to prove the negative bias people people automatically have towards law abiding motorcyclists. I'm not one of those guys who intentionally breaks the laws and goes around pissing people off. You prove my point.

People in cars automatically hate bikes, for no founded reason. It's only because you have never ridden one. Until you do, you will never understand.

I've been on more bikes then you'll ever will. I obviously don't hate bikers. But if you ride like a raging moron and get run over, paralyzed, disfigured then I don't feel bad. You get what you deserve. If you drive normal and any of those things happen to you, then I feel bad. Then you don't get what you deserve.

I've lost 4 friends on bikes. 2 were riding normal and 2 were not. Don't even go there with some BS retort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: