Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 02:07 PM

18 posts, read 54,278 times

Advertisements

I am a 30 year old male who is seriously considering the Solera Apartments, however because they are newer I have been unable to find many reviews/opinions online. I will be living there alone, however my girlfriend may join me in a few months so hopefully the location is 'relatively safe'.

Is anyone familiar with these apartments (location as well as the apartments themselves) and can give an unbiased opinion?

Any help you could provide will be GREATLY appreciated - thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Default Thank you

Thanks for providing this - unfortunately I had found these three reviews and was hoping I could ask any of the forum readers for additional reviews of the property. (However, the insiderealestatenews.com article was interesting)

Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,405 times
Default solera apartments

Hi NewToJersey13! I ran across your post and was wondering if you ended up moving to Solera Apartments? My boyfriend and I are moving to denver in July and we have been searching for different apartments and Solera is one of them. If you did move in there can you please give me an honest opinion of what you think of the place and area around it? And if you did not there, can you recommend an area that we could look at? We are in our late 20s and want to live in a place with working professionals and basically avoid the college scene.

Your opinion would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Grazy

Old 05-20-2014, 09:33 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,327 times
I don't know anyone that lives at the Solera, but my impression from visiting the place is that it is very quiet and is geared towards the upper-middle class in their 30's or older. Even more so at the 2020 Lawrence which is an upper scale version of the Solera.

If you don't like the college party scene, just avoid the Ballparks and the Metro and you should be fine. The places that look fun and clean and respectful at the same time include the Premier Lofts, the Douglas, and Skyline 1801.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Hi Grazy,

I actually did end up moving in, and have lived there for over a year now. The apartment itself is very quiet, there is of course an occasional evening where you can hear people walking by your door (occurs very infrequently). I have never heard my neighbors through the walls or anything like that. It is primarily working professionals but honestly I rarely see anyone, we must have different schedules. They do hold events and happy hours on the rooftop or at the brewery that is across the street, however because I have various hobbies that take up most of my time I rarely attend them.

The area it is in is very convenient. Unfortunately, it is located near some bars that are frequented by the 22-27 demographic but those places are easy to avoid and it is walking distance to the Larimer Square area or the lower highlands. My friends often come to my place to meet up before going to different bars, parties, baseball games, etc. because it is very convenient.

I have listed some points about the apartment below, but please feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Upsides of the apartment:
Very energy efficient (low utilities)
Great location
Fairly new
Quiet
Grill on the roof which is connected to the gas line of the apartment complex so it never runs out of fuel - they do provide grilling utensils, however I use my own because I do not know how often they are cleaned
Any maintenance requests I have had have been fulfilled within 24 hours: everything from light bulbs out to the toilet not flushing properly (had to hold down the button rather than being able to just push and release)

Downsides:
No pool
LoDo bars can be a bit young for my tastes, although I can't say that I never go to them
Parking for friends can be a pain, especially if overnight - they used to have additional spaces you could rent for like $3 per day, but the lot is currently full

Other comments:
Faux wood floors in the apartments and high density carpet in the bedrooms
Place to hang/lock your bike at each parking spot (however there was a series of thefts where someone was cutting the lock and riding them out of the garage - this has not happened since there is now no way to open the outgoing garage by pushing a button)
Water pressure is not the greatest - its not a trickle but not as strong as I have had previously, I think its something about being an energy efficient apartment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: