Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:49 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
i have been to both i lived at 36th n sheridan neither place has gorditas when i asked if they had gorditas they said they didn't know what i was talking about any good mexican resaturant should have them or at least know what they are

That's bad and even Taco Bell sells gorditas, well wanna be gorditas. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 02:41 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,826 times
Default gorditas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
That's bad and even Taco Bell sells gorditas, well wanna be gorditas. lol
[lol those are just fat tortillas no where near real gorditas i'm getting hungry going around the corner for gorditas and real green salsa

Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenfromdenver View Post
I beg to differ with those who say there is no mexican food here that compares to Texas. I have spent a lot of time in Texas and there are a couple of Mexican places that I think might be better than TX. Tacqueria Patzquaro on 32nd ave in the Highlands and Tacos Jalisco on 38th in the Highlands. Both excellent and very authentic. Check em out and let us know what you think!

I ran across this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...ican-food.html

Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
On one of my recent visits to the Denver area, I ate at El Señor Sol in Golden. I haven't tried too many other Mexican Restaurants in the Denver area, but I've been to many of them in Southern California. El Señor Sol is on par with many of those in SoCal. The food was very good, and reasonably priced. The margarita that I had was pretty good, too (and it was big). I thought the food and the atmosphere were both pleasant. I would recommend this location for Mexican Food in the Denver area. Besides the location in Golden, I believe they have 4 or 5 others, but since I haven't been to any of them, I can't say how good they are.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 AM

98 posts, read 350,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Your not going to find good Mexican food in Colorado bro. Nothing like El Paso (where you are at) or like anything in Texas. It will be something that you have to miss until you come back .

Heck, I bet Colorado residents don't even eat Brisket

Two big negs about Colorado is the lack of REAL Mexican food and BBQ
Is there a Memphis Championship BBQ in the Denver area?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 AM

676 posts, read 2,797,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorryville View Post
never heard of it so I doubt it.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:52 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,826 times
Default memphis bbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorryville View Post
theres a place at w.colfax and utica somewhere in that area ,the guy that owns it is from tx and he sell alot of bbq n brisket i have never had memphis bbq so i cant tell you if it compares you'll have to check it out, i can't think of the name

Old 11-16-2007, 05:37 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
I used to like WhatABurger when we lived in Texas years ago but I had never see one outside of Texas until a few months ago when we were driving through Montgomery Alabama and I saw one.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:28 AM

676 posts, read 2,797,119 times
I seem to think that there might be a whataburger in englewood.. could be the city center if im thinking correctly

Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 PM

30 posts, read 106,392 times
There are no Whataburgers in Colorado. You can check locations on the Whataburger website. They are in states other than Texas but haven't made it to Colorado YET.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver