Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 03:28 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
The assigned middle school is Rocky Top
The Adams 12 Five Star website said: Westlake.

Only one way to know for sure and that is to call Adams 12 with an exact address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 04:58 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,052,517 times
North of 136th and east of Zuni is Rocky Top. Both these developments are Rocky Top. Here is a map of the school areas for middle school.
http://www.adams12.org/files/boundar...ry_area_ms.pdf

Old 05-16-2013, 07:18 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Default And, mic111

dope slaps me again

Old 05-20-2013, 07:54 AM

16 posts, read 25,520 times
Question on Stapleton. My family and I (wife, and 3rd grader) are potentially moving to Denver and love the area, it reminds us of our current location in Celebration, FL. I am confused about the schools though. I thought that the zoning was to Westerly Creek but every home I have viewed says it is assigned to Bill Roberts. Also, Roberts goes K-8 but WC goes K-5. Do the kids switch over to Roberts from WC? Also, the HS was rated a 6 by Greatschools.org and that has me worried. Any advice on a better HS? I noticed a GREAT Charter school, how is that? I think it went 6-12.

Lastly, I will be working in western Broomfield near the airport. Is the commute going to be bad? I really would like 30 minutes or so.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:19 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,101 times
Since you are going to be working in Broomfield, you might take a look at my neighborhood, Bradburn Village, in Westminster (10 minutes from the Broomfield airport). Bradburn is a new urbanist neighborhood like Celebration and Stapleton. Bradburn is much smaller than Stapleton and smaller also than Celebration (I've been there) but similar in many other respects (walkable, nice architecture, mixed-use, strong sense of community). Excellent schools and they are all home schools, unlike Stapleton, which as I understand it, is all choice (meaning you have to get in by putting your child's name on a list and are not guaranteed a spot).

Commuting from Stapleton to the Broomfield airport during rush hour is a good 40 minutes to an hour. Half that in non rush, so fairly long.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 AM

10 posts, read 13,528 times
Thank you so much for the info. We are looking at the Toll Brothers neighborhoods in Broomfield. Plus, my hubby is very intrigued by Stapleton which we had never heard of before it was suggested here. So, thank you!

Does anyone have any feedback on the schools that belong in Stapleton. I am not sure I understand how that system works so I would love to know more about the schools.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Just make sure that the house is in the Boulder Valley School District.
(In Colorado, cities and school districts are not coterminous.)
Nothing wrong with Adams 12 Schools.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviemom View Post
Thank you so much for the info. We are looking at the Toll Brothers neighborhoods in Broomfield. Plus, my hubby is very intrigued by Stapleton which we had never heard of before it was suggested here. So, thank you!

Does anyone have any feedback on the schools that belong in Stapleton. I am not sure I understand how that system works so I would love to know more about the schools.
I second what Bradburn1 said about the commute from Stapleton to Broomfield airport. I doubt you could do it in less than 30 min even in non-rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver